Code 520194 with a 3 underneath

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday down the trail my 14 pro 800 threw a CEL. It would idle fine but once I gave it throttle it'd bog down and not move but it didn't kill itself.

So after putting the brake on and a combination of hitting mode/select I finally got 520194 to come up. I pulled the plugs they were pretty gnarly so I popped 2 new ones in and it ran fine and the CEL went away.

I do have my oiler up about 2.5, but in my 300 ish miles I haven't had this issue.

After a google search I found a thread on hcs about a guy with a 12 assault throwing the same code, Throttle Release Signal and the 3 indicates that it's receiving Voltage Too High . But since my CEL isn't on anymore I am thinking my issue is gone?

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday down the trail my 14 pro 800 threw a CEL. It would idle fine but once I gave it throttle it'd bog down and not move but it didn't kill itself.

So after putting the brake on and a combination of hitting mode/select I finally got 520194 to come up. I pulled the plugs they were pretty gnarly so I popped 2 new ones in and it ran fine and the CEL went away.

I do have my oiler up about 2.5, but in my 300 ish miles I haven't had this issue.

After a google search I found a thread on hcs about a guy with a 12 assault throwing the same code, Throttle Release Signal and the 3 indicates that it's receiving Voltage Too High . But since my CEL isn't on anymore I am thinking my issue is gone?

Sounds like ice buildup on the throttle block. Also had this code on a friends sled that had the throttle cable ran funny.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I did roll it a few times. After he ran the cable properly did it run well?

I just kind of found it weird that after I changed the plugs out it ran awesome (they were def darker then they should have been)

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did my ast field yesterday and the light popped up before we started doing beacon searches. There was no snow/ice around the throttle, the light came on and it would idle find but would bog hard with throttle and not move, but it wouldn't kill itself. So we did the beacon searches then I changed my plugs (the tips/electrode seemed fine but the threads were a little oily), it still had the light on so I feathered the throttle a bit and it eventually revved up normally and ran fine for the rest of the day with no light)

I didn't check the code that came up but I am assuming it was the same 520194, if I bring it in to the dealer would they be able to tell exactly what the issue is with there digital wrench?

Also, I should add I have been running the sled in ethanol mode this season b/c I've been filling it up with 91 that 'may' contain up to 10% ethanol. And I turned the oiler up 2.5 when I bought it. For plugs I have been using the NGK br9es, I am going to get a couple sets of the iridium ones as well b/c I've read they are good

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
I had the same issue last year, would rev to engagement in its limp mode. It would randomly go away. So I randomly changed the exhaust sensor and didnt have an issue until yesterday. Id be full throttle and it'd cut out for a second then back, or it'd just hold the solid check engine light and i'd have to wait for it to go away. I learnt how to check codes and got the same one. Not sure about the 3 underneath though. Im gonna disconnect my TSS and try it.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue last year, would rev to engagement in its limp mode. It would randomly go away. So I randomly changed the exhaust sensor and didnt have an issue until yesterday. Id be full throttle and it'd cut out for a second then back, or it'd just hold the solid check engine light and i'd have to wait for it to go away. I learnt how to check codes and got the same one. Not sure about the 3 underneath though. Im gonna disconnect my TSS and try it.
Turned out mine was my tps. Kind of weird though only 350miles on my sled and it already went.

But ya exact same symptoms as you had. Quite the c*ckblock when your trynna poke a hill lol. It was 60 bones plus labor from the local poo store, after the initial diagnostic charge and labor it was 355

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had same code. Throttle safety switch in flipper.

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
Turned out mine was my tps. Kind of weird though only 350miles on my sled and it already went.

But ya exact same symptoms as you had. Quite the c*ckblock when your trynna poke a hill lol. It was 60 bones plus labor from the local poo store, after the initial diagnostic charge and labor it was 355

Yeah no kidding eh. That's good to know, i'm gonna disconnect it and definitely check my TPS settings before heading up again.

Top Bottom