CN train derailment in edmonton!!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:realmad:
EDMONTON, Alberta, July 10 (UPI) -- A Canadian National freight train derailed early Thursday in Alberta, after striking a pavement packer that police say was stolen from a construction site.
The crash closed Route 16 east of Edmonton, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported. The highway is the major east-west route through the city.
Constable Wally Henry of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the pavement packer was probably stolen from a road construction area about 300 yards away and left on the track deliberately.
The train had 85 cars but only 13 and two engines derailed. Two crew members were uninjured.
The closing caused a major traffic jam during the morning rush hour and the highway was expected to remain closed until late Thursday afternoon.
A fire that began in spilled diesel fuel was quickly extinguished.
:mad::nono:

Jeeze how stupid can these idiots get. Very lucky that the train crew wasnt injured!!!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the pavement packer was probably stolen from a road construction area about 300 yards away.

Well no chit. How far do they think someone is going to drive with a packer? They top out at what 20? Wonder how many gravel cops it took to figure that one out :rolleyes:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine the look of the engineers face when he saw a roller packer parked on the tracks in front of him and the 85 car train....... Wow!!!!!!!!!!

I believe VIA runs on those tracks, could've been a lot more people chitting their pants.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sure made the ride home take long today, I was at Specality Sleds checking out the sled then headed home (Sherwood Park), headed down the yellowhead leaving edmonton then passed the flying J (Broadmore Blvd) and thought it was further but all the traffic was deverted from 3 lanes of the Yellowhead to Sherwood drive then to Baseline and down to 21 and back but they should of had cops at the Broadmore lights directing traffic. There was that short turning light and only 1 semi and a car could go so it was SLOW.
If someone was thinking they would of had the cops directing at that intersection with double longer turning so it would help traffic, but only seen one cop on the yellowhead.:rolleyes: Must of been Tims time for the RC's

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they find these guys.....which they probably won't damn it, they run the F'ers over with a packer.....nice and slow!!!!! :mad::mad:

Wow did I go a little too far with that? oh well!!

Or just let Hancock deal with them.:d:d

Big Grump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe VIA runs on those tracks, could've been a lot more people chitting their pants.

You are right VIA does run on those tracks they are CN's main line and VIA crusies up to 70 mph. There would have been more than chitting going on.
Could have been alot worse.

Top Bottom