clutching

jwood99

Reaction score
a buddy is selling his DJ clutch kit and I was wondering if it would be good for my 09 xp, this summer ive added a dyno port pipe and y pipe, billet head from terra. His kit consists of
primary spring, 3800 engage, 14g~20g pin kit, and QR11 helix - use stock secondary spring

Just wondering if this setup would be good and if not what would be

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you find you have issues with your stock clutching?

Have you rode his sled? Did you prefer how his sled rode with the DJ clutching?

Do you want a lower clutch engagement?

Depending on how many miles are on his springs, you might as well replace those anyhow. No sense putting in used springs with a new helix and changing other items then create gremlins you need to chase around.

DJ's mountain set up is a great clutching addition. Your '09 ramps are better than the '08 and adding a DJ kit will transfer that power into more usable power.

If you are going to do it, might as well check out the rest of your clutch components while your at it.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So to summarize: Yes the DJ kit is a good addition. LOL. Good time to go through your clutches while yer installing the kit.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont even question it, Yes get the kit, install it, ask Dynamo Joe what should calibrate it for what elevation your riding at, DONE!

It will be the best addition to the sled.

:beer:

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
does any one know if a DJ kit for a 2007 Rev 800X will work on a 2008 XP 800 Summit X as i know someone who has a new DJ kit still in the box for sale.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does any one know if a DJ kit for a 2007 Rev 800X will work on a 2008 XP 800 Summit X as i know someone who has a new DJ kit still in the box for sale.

2007 is a complete different clutch:nono: as the 2008 is a QRS. Joey has helix's and clutch set ups for the 2007 though if you do go that way.

Cheers

Top Bottom