Clutching problems with XM

TurboTundraCole

Reaction score
On my 2013 XM I am losing rpm on wide open throttle, 8000 and drops off fast the longer it is held. I assume that the problem is in the clutches. What is available to upgrade the clutching ie kit. Do these machines come stock with roller secondaries?

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the conditions when this occurs? If the engine temp climbs it will add fuel and take away timing to protect itself....a common issue in marginal or hard snow conditions. If you see 4 bars on the gauge, it is starting to drop power.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the conditions when this occurs? If the engine temp climbs it will add fuel and take away timing to protect itself....a common issue in marginal or hard snow conditions. If you see 4 bars on the gauge, it is starting to drop power.[/QUOTE

sell it quick. There was a few doos that wouldn't hold rpm. Last winter they couldn't figure it out. I'm sure this year will be the same

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as long as your clutches are clean it's probably not your clutching

I had the same issue last year

first of all, put your stock can back on!
after that, go to your dealer and have them check out your fuel pump.. mine wasn't putting out enough pressure and it eventually died on me. new pump and runs like a champ.

The temp thing winter brew mentioned is also important. I might get a lower temp thermostat this season just so it never runs at 4 bars

a rooster built clutching is a good upgrade, I got that on mine last season .. but I wouldn't mess with your clutching until you find the actual problem (and it's not your clutching, unless it's dirty / worn out)

Top Bottom