Clutching 06 CF700 questions...lots

dieselburner

Reaction score
Hi all, here is my dilema. I have a 06 CF700. Has a Super-Q can and a 2" track. Ran fine with the stock clutch, I think. Revved to 8100rpms here in the mac with good low and mid.
Took it out to Valemount last week so did some clutching. Changed the sec. spring to orange and a 36* helix and changed the weights to 70g? from the stock 75g? Also added shift assist. At 7000ft revved 7900 to 8000. It felt livelier but was defineatly slower, but never powered out.
Now, lol, I was told that I could just change the weights to 78g or 79g and leave the 36* helix and orange spring and it would be the same as stock?
Also, I had to unscrew the spring retainer from the old helix and install it in the new helix. Screwed it in about half inch down the helix as thats what it was stock.
I quess I am lookin for ideas to make the most of clutching as I am reading and finding theres alot more to clutching than I thought. Any ideas???

dieselburner

Reaction score
Did some surfing tonight, anyone have any experience with Speedwerx clutching? I see they have a trail package for a desent price and there is a dealer in my hometown, Saskatoon.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your in the right rpm range. You wont have the top speed you use to with that helix. don't forget if it doesnt seem like you dont have the horse power it does around the mac in valemount it doesnt because you loose alot of horse power at the elevation. seems to me your got your clutching in order. I have mine reving at 7900 in valemount.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now, lol, I was told that I could just change the weights to 78g or 79g and leave the 36* helix and orange spring and it would be the same as stock?

you'll never pull 79-8000 rpm with 78 or 79g with that 700 at altitude your bang on with the 70g weights

Top Bottom