clutch machining question?

Bigbudda

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a good place in Edmonton to have my primary machined. I ride a 09 grizz 700 with 28" mudlites, its not to happy in deep mud. I've read about machined primary and modified fix plate on a few forums and would like to have it done. Anybody know a place or have this done on your machine? Pls post any experience or info, Thanks.

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine done by Airdam in the USA. You can also just put a shim in to see if you like it, will loose top end though. The cam plate is useless unless have motor work done or are hitting the rev limiter.

Bigbudda

Reaction score
Ok, I will look them up, thanks for the info. How much of a difference do you notice?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm taking mine into Rapid Revolutions and it takes about 2 weeks to come back if you have them ship your own. Optionally, they usually have one in stock that's already done - you just trade yours in. I forgot to ask him to confirm where he has it done, but I believe it's Airdam.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I haven't got much use out of my machined primary (Airdam stage 2) beacuse that machine hasn't really run since I modded it in February. I swapped it over to my running machine, put a new belt in, and gave it a good test in the mud. It seems that I have considerably more low end when bogging in high gear but didn't notice much more of a snap off the line. Of course, my wet clutch might be the the limiting factor since I beleive that I may have partially smoked it. This is definately no wheelie monster yet.

What have you guys noticed? Have you tried this with any other combinations of secondary springs and clutch weights?

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had epi kit in my 07 700 grizz with factory outer machined and she definatly would wheely and yes if u have smoked the wet clutch shes replacement time (lesson learned on wifes rhino) never had that issue on grizz though 5000kms on orig belt and wet clutch with 28 plug lites

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
central sled and cycle in wetaskwin hooked me up they had them in stock mind u that was a few yrs back think they were shippin them to somewhere in gp

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had epi kit in my 07 700 grizz with factory outer machined and she definatly would wheely and yes if u have smoked the wet clutch shes replacement time (lesson learned on wifes rhino) never had that issue on grizz though 5000kms on orig belt and wet clutch with 28 plug lites

What did that EPI kit include? Weights, purple secondary, and 500rpm stall springs?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
central sled and cycle in wetaskwin hooked me up they had them in stock mind u that was a few yrs back think they were shippin them to somewhere in gp

I have a lathe in my own garage,.....I have done the machining a few times.

I already have my primary sheave and cam plate machined. I'm just wondering what works well in combination with it. More specifically, I'm looking for a slightly better launch and want to raise my shift point by about 500rpm.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stiffer wet clutch springs lighter weights stiffer secon dary thinkin probably just need wet clutch replaced as I had good wheely action with 28" plugf lites

Top Bottom