Clutch Clickers and Engine Overheating - Related?

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to track down an intermittent overheating issue with 05 REV 600 HO SDI. Seems to happen mainly on the trail but sometimes elsewhere even with good snow depth.

This sled is my #2 and gets used by family and friends mainly in Fernie Coal Creek area. The first section of the flap has been cut off.

Question is: what effect does changing the clutch clickers have on engine temperature? Clutch has been set on #5 since I've had it - never have changed it for different conditions. I guess I need a quick lesson on clickers...

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to track down an intermittent overheating issue with 05 REV 600 HO SDI. Seems to happen mainly on the trail but sometimes elsewhere even with good snow depth.

This sled is my #2 and gets used by family and friends mainly in Fernie Coal Creek area. The first section of the flap has been cut off.

Question is: what effect does changing the clutch clickers have on engine temperature? Clutch has been set on #5 since I've had it - never have changed it for different conditions. I guess I need a quick lesson on clickers...
You set the quick clickers up or down numbers to gain or lower rpm of the engine under load depending on altitude and rider weight in some cases. May be linked with over heating if your over working your engine not reaching top rpm. What rpm can you get to when riding?

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You set the quick clickers up or down numbers to gain or lower rpm of the engine under load depending on altitude and rider weight in some cases. May be linked with over heating if your over working your engine not reaching top rpm. What rpm can you get to when riding?

Never quite figured how to pin it, hang on and look down at the revs without crashing into something...!

The clickers were set by a guy I was riding with when I first had the sled - probably at 5000' and fairly deep snow.

In theory should the clickers be set at a lower number on the trail when most of the time the rpm's are in the 6-7000 range?

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe it's over heating in the 5500 rpm range where it run's lean my rt 1000 does the same thing if you take
it easy and drive in that range it will over heat get a boondocker to add more fuel in that range

Top Bottom