Cheapest place to buy Riding Boots and protective gear.

Rusty99

Reaction score
I'm brand new on the dirt bike scene and need to get kitted out protective gear.

Boots seem very expensive to me but worth the investment.

Who's got the best prices on boots in town? I usually go to Riverside as I live close. however they seem pricey on most things.

Otherwise would it be cheaper to order the boots online?

Also anyone got a suggestion on a model/brand of boot they like best?

I've been advised to get a boot with as much grip on the sole as possible and a flexible ankle.

Cheers
Russ

Last edited:

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buying online is risky as each actual boot can fit different of you go the oline route make sure to try the brand and model on
Locally first

I would recommend either the sidi charger or the crossfire they are expensive but you get what you pay for zero break in time
(wore my chargers for 6-8 hrs for the first 3 days in a row and I owned them feet felt great ) sidi sizing is different and I had to try on a few pairs to find the right ones
imo sidi has the best buckles on the market

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as cost I get most of my stuff from royal distributing. Shipping can be pricey so make you are doing a big order to make it worth while.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer ship vs online, your right Riverside isnt the cheapest but they are easy to deal with, and if you have troubles with a product, they will look after you.....

I to have bought some stuff online, but do some research first, try on the different brands and find the size that fits and order the same one...

I still like the Alpinstar Tech 9's....tuff and comfortable....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy from a local store if you are not familar with sizing and other equipment specifics. Buying local will result in less headaches and less surprises like added customs fees. Royal distributing is okay but I usually have better luck at finding stuff in stock at rocky mountain ATV and bto sports. I still have saved hundreds of dollars on us online shopping even with shipping. If you can get in good with your dealer then do that. My discount at my local dealer still doesn't save me as much on larger orders.

sent from a top secret location

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Sidi crossfire 2 boots yesterday they can be replaced above the ankle and the sole can be replaced so really you buy them and never need another boot worth the money I think.

Rusty99

Reaction score
I ordered the Sidi crossfire 2 boots yesterday they can be replaced above the ankle and the sole can be replaced so really you buy them and never need another boot worth the money I think.

Where did you order them from? Was it online?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Canada only has one distributor I've been told. And most boots are on back order I wanted the orange and white so had to order them from England lol.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried on the Crossfires before purchasing? They fit a size small.

My crossfire 2 have been excellent.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried on the Crossfires before purchasing? They fit a size small.

My crossfire 2 have been excellent.

Yeah I tried them on at the weekend first before I ordered i'm size 8 and tried on the 8.5/42 and they were fine.

Top Bottom