Changing Track out on Nytro RTX Help

Chrisp1

Reaction score
Had a quick look but couldnt find anything refering to the steps required to change out the track on a nytro RTX. What im looking for is the play by play for removal & re-instalation with some torque values. I've read that you need to watch for the shift fork position or clearance when reassembling. Any help would be appreciated, or if someone knows where its posted on here. Thanks.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Its not very hard, just a little time consuming like any other sled, unbolting the suspension and jackshaft. I think re-assembling the chaincase is the hardest part.

Sorry i cant give ya any tq #'s

Chrisp1

Reaction score
I got it tore down now, but now I cant get the jack shaft back in. The paddles are rubbing on two bars that run verticle on the front heat exchanger. Probably not a good idea to trim those off for clearance is it? Didnt want to get new drivers if I could help it.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What size of track are you installing? The cooler protectors will have to be cut off if going any larger than a 1.5.

Chrisp1

Reaction score
Going to a 1.75" To remove them I have to cut the 6 fillet welds, about 1" long each,to the exchanger. Not a real fan of that. Probably going to change the drivers out. Question. If I go with extrovert drivers, do all the windows in the track need to be punched & clipped? Right now every 3rd one is not, same as my stock rip saw track.

Top Bottom