Changing TPMS set pressure?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a new 2014 F350 with lift, tires, etc. Now my TPMS light is on because the new tires have a max pressure of 65psi and ford wants 65psi front and 80psi in the rears. Is there anyway the dealer can reprogram the system to a lower set pressure, say 55psi? I asked the tire shop that put the tires on and they said it wasn't possible citing safety concerns, although they put 80psi in tires rated for 65psi, so I'm seriously questioning their knowledge. I know the H&S tuners should be able to remove it, but don't want to do that for warranty reasons.

Has anyone ever dealt with this? Or does everyone just live with the light being on?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a new 2014 F350 with lift, tires, etc. Now my TPMS light is on because the new tires have a max pressure of 65psi and ford wants 65psi front and 80psi in the rears. Is there anyway the dealer can reprogram the system to a lower set pressure, say 55psi? I asked the tire shop that put the tires on and they said it wasn't possible citing safety concerns, although they put 80psi in tires rated for 65psi, so I'm seriously questioning their knowledge. I know the H&S tuners should be able to remove it, but don't want to do that for warranty reasons.

Has anyone ever dealt with this? Or does everyone just live with the light being on?

I just live with my light on...but the dealership is able to reprogram it.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealership can set it even though most say they cant. If you argue long enough they may give in and do it for you.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2009 I ignored the light till it eventually went away on it's own. Some people have adjusted the pressure a couple PSI at a time till they found the lowest limit which was around 10 PSI lower than the recommended. I can run somewhere between 68 and 70 in the rear without the light going off.

Top Bottom