Central Alberta storm(s)

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing brewing up here.......just a slight breeze......no black clouds yet

hedge

Reaction score
My trailer's out at Westward Ho, I hope it survived the storm, they were showing some kids on the news with plub sized hail from westard ho.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, we never got any in Lacombe but it sure looked nasty south.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was working at ravenboxliners southside of edmonton in 88 when that FAWKING tornado tore that town apart , moved to BC a year later

snow_farmer

Reaction score
Tornado watch right now in Red Deer....just passed over us in Penhold. Got some loonie-sized hail and crammed both vehicles into the garage (with two quads and a sled....friggin' toys). Here's a pic of the wall cloud about a 1/2 hr ago....I drove south of town towards the storm....this is looking towards Innisfail from just north.

Hey Dave, that first picture is pretty much right where our place is. I'm just a bit southeast of that shop. Working out west right now so no idea what the damage is at home. Just curious if hail hit that area? and if so how bad?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raining pretty good right now. An hour ago I had a foot and a half of water on the road in front of my house, 3 of the 4 storm drains at the intersection not taking water. rain backed off enough for the system to catch up....I've never seen rain like that. I bet we got 3-4 inches in an hour and a half. Throttled back to just pouring now.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting windy here with some rain and thunder i think it dumped most of it off in whitecourt on its way here. It is bad enough though that may dam satellite just kicked out. Dam unreliable technology, peasant view never quit.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
coolest storm I've ever witnessed going on right now west of Edmonchuck...

last night was hard to top... but mother nature did...no hail but non-stop lightning and rattle the foundation thunder...

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave, that first picture is pretty much right where our place is. I'm just a bit southeast of that shop. Working out west right now so no idea what the damage is at home. Just curious if hail hit that area? and if so how bad?
We got loonie and toonie hail here....buddy got apricot sized just west of RD...so chances are good you got hail at your place. Came straight down, not sideways....so windows probably OK, but shingles might have taken a beating. You should probably have a neighbor run past the place....

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess that's why the horn went off at the clubhouse while golfing last night...:eek:
hope the damages were kept to a minimum for everyone

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy deal with the hail damage. I've got a claim in on my truck right now. Got smoked in Regina last Sunday just before the football game. Up to golf ball sized there.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no hail or tornados up here, but we are getting absolutely hammered with rain. was sitting on standby for forestry the last 3 days, released today....looks like the next week or so with non stop rain in the forecast.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy deal with the hail damage. I've got a claim in on my truck right now. Got smoked in Regina last Sunday just before the football game. Up to golf ball sized there.

Now that was a GREAT football game............JS:d

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a video and a couple of pictures a buddy put up of the storm 12 Miles Southwest of Olds.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gZk6dBb_hQ&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Top Bottom