Cat's new 950 UTV

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just posting the lastest news as far as side by sides goes. My buddy has a Prowler 650 H1 which we have been using over the last couple years for hunting and just getting out to ride. It has more than enough power for almost any riding environment... how about a 950 V-Twin efi?? I would love to rip it up on one of these?

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Wonder if those nerf bars hang lower than the body?...the hood scoop is purdy too

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks nice,surprised they didnt do anything with the outside fenders.They dont last long!
catmando!

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a nice looking unit. 950 twin should be crazy power. What's up with those cheezie tires? It's a waste of rubber to send all quads out with that kind of tire. They almost all end up in a large pile in the back of the dealers yard.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a nice looking unit. 950 twin should be crazy power. What's up with those cheezie tires? It's a waste of rubber to send all quads out with that kind of tire. They almost all end up in a large pile in the back of the dealers yard.

Got a brand new set in my garage,should have left them at the dealers!
catmando!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
catmando!

the dealers buy your stock tires off of you if you get them to put new ones on. But the dont give you much so my dad kept his stock 25s from the rhino for spares on the other quad or for friends that need them

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm dealer wouldn't give me SFA for the stock tires that came on my brute after swapping them out for XTR's before it even left the dealership.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So true... but can't the same be said for all factory equiped atv's?? As stated above, it seems that thousands upon thousands of tires are just being wasted as most people are upgrading to mud tires at point of purchase?

I have heard of some dealer programs that promote sending the stock rubber (take offs) back to the factory to be reused on the new atv's. Same goes for sled tracks. Good for the manufacurers and the environment but we take the hit in the wallet.

I would rather pay a bit more for a quad off the floor equiped with a "Real World" tire then pay a lot more to replace them after I brought it home.

The AC Mud Pro 700 is a good example. I'd consider this as my next bike.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just so happened to flip one of these the other day and got my arm crushed by the massive machine. i walked away from it... well i actually hobbled about 6 feet then collapsed in the ditch. What happened was i slid out the back end on a road in brightsands and overcorrected and the front end caught grass and flipped. out of instinct i put out my arm and it got crushed. thanks to my 2 buddys for getting me out of there... colby and brett. i ended up with a dislocated elbow, a nasty lump on the head(no helmet) and a possible broken clavicle. i just gotta say be careful and wear a helmet!

Last edited by a moderator:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i just so happened to flip one of these the other day and got my arm crushed by the massive machine. i walked away from it... well i actually hobbled about 6 feet then collapsed in the ditch. What happened was i slid out the back end on a road in brightsands and overcorrected and the front end caught grass and flipped. out of instinct i put out my arm and it got crushed. thanks to my 2 buddys for getting me out of there... colby and brett. i ended up with a dislocated elbow, a nasty lump on the head(no helmet) and a possible broken clavicle. i just gotta say be careful and where a helmet!

should of had your seat belt on :nono: and a helmet!!

Did you know even though they put a bigger motor in they lower the ride hight

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catmando!

actually u r dealer probably has loads of take offs like us. and they are best used when turned inside out and given to the wife on mothers day as a planter :d:d:d:d:d

T.:cool:

Top Bottom