Cataract on December 31st & New Years

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Looking to get out and ride Cataract & Etherington this weekend and perhaps over into the Fording side. Wondering if anyone has been riding Oyster, Skyline, or up the other loops as of late and what the snows like now in higher elevations? Anyone up to riding this weekend on Friday or and Saturday. Might take the camper out and spend a couple days playing in the deeper snow. Need to get some powder time and hone my skills some more.

RSVP

hogwild

Reaction score
if you want powder dont go to cateract , i was thier on sunday and their is no pow

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
What trails did you ride? We were there a few weeks ago and we rode in 3-4 feet of powder on Skyline and would think most of that snow up high is anything but pounded in yet? Found some good powder on some other trails 10 days ago and would think there's still good snow on the Fording BC side over the pass. Did you ride any of the upper trails or just the lower sections?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What trails did you ride? We were there a few weeks ago and we rode in 3-4 feet of powder on Skyline and would think most of that snow up high is anything but pounded in yet? Found some good powder on some other trails 10 days ago and would think there's still good snow on the Fording BC side over the pass. Did you ride any of the upper trails or just the lower sections?

When Cory, Ian, and I rode there mid December it wasn't great. A few pockets of fresh in the trees, but mostly windswept. Not sure if they have received more snow since then.

Ask FootHillsM8 or Summit X. They probably know.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am thinking no fresh snow down there in a while,prob all packed down. Gas can i sent u a message give a call.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode cataract today... i didn't explore to much cause i had the gf on the sled with me, but the trails were in ok shape. they are getting bumpy and are gonna need a groom pretty soon. there is still some fresh along the sides, but the packed is getting wider and wider...

our day got shortened up a bit as we came across an accident scene (somebody hit a tree) and so we spent the afternoon going for help, towing a wrecked sled, and had a quick chopper ride.

when we went over the pass last week it was all right, but they still need more snow on the bc side too. the pass over was crap like always, but even after we got there i expected more. guess i had high hopes though, it is still early really.

i think, actually i know, we got the best lines up skyline and a few of the other trails and i don't think they've seen much fresh since.

gascan - probably headed south thursday tho, drop me or ian a msg.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Spoke to Foothills last night and may tag along if you guys are headed south on Thursday. We also talked about some further riding this weekend that sounds like fun down south. Gonna keep the camper readied up for a trip this weekend.

Top Bottom