cat buys out suzuki

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. not sure if i like that. suzuki really knows what they are doing and make an awesome motor.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. not sure if i like that. suzuki really knows what they are doing and make an awesome motor.

He added that while the buyback effort means Suzuki will no longer hold an ownership stake in Artic Cat, the company continues to plan to use Suzuki as a supplier of snowmobile engines for the next two model years, and a provider of engine parts in the years following.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He added that while the buyback effort means Suzuki will no longer hold an ownership stake in Artic Cat, the company continues to plan to use Suzuki as a supplier of snowmobile engines for the next two model years, and a provider of engine parts in the years following
so we get two years of a solid motor, then what? i know i wont be buying a cat in 2015

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what i remember i think its 2012 and 13 that get the last suzuki engines. i personally think it will be good for cat. no more having to give a number to suzuki about how many engines you will need 2 years in advance. plus their new building is supposed to be really nice and even better than the suzuki building. but time will tell :)

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to see ac build its own powerplant but almost seems foolish if they were to walk away from a proven engine. Kind of a tossup if its a good desicion or not. If it were me id stick with the suzuki engine.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think they are hopeing this will cut back on costs and with all the problems happening over in japan it gives them a peace of mind i think. also gotta remember AC sends suzuki what they want suzuki just builds it. as long as AC uses good quality product in their motors i dont see much of a problem.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree its a good move and shows cat is money in the bank....lol... they are not severing any ties or tossing suzuki to the curb at all they are still going to be working with suzuki im sure for a number of yrs... eventually everyones goal is to be more self suficient.. they talked about it at the dealer meeting in nashville and everything is positive...there not gonna drop an aluminum block on the floor and start from scratch. they have been working with suzuki for ever...and now are ready to take over the reins...i say..hats off..i look forward to there future plan... cat has been continually gaining momentum for a long time this is just a step in there future plans... imo

Terry

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it would be a very good thing for them if they were running their own motor bur i bet if they do that the first year sales will be in the toilet until people get to see how they work.

M1K

Reaction score
Yes it would be a very good thing for them if they were running their own motor bur i bet if they do that the first year sales will be in the toilet until people get to see how they work.

Thinking they will need to ramp up their advertising budget to an all time high and spend a fortune cruising across North America offering demo rides!

Top Bottom