Careful leaving your trailer unattended out west.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, azzholes share our air.

Gunshots, lightning leave man's trailer in ruins -  News - MSN CA

An Alberta man is in the market for a replacement holiday trailer after a bizarre string of events on a camping trip last month.
“I just think it was a whole mess of bad luck,” said Edward Smith, who lives near Red Deer.
Smith and his brother were spending a weekend in his camping trailer at one of his favourite spots north of Rocky Mountain House.
The trip was cut short on the Friday night, when Smith’s brother broke his leg. The pair left the campsite to take him to the hospital in Red Deer.
Smith says when he returned to the campsite on Friday, it was obvious that someone had been there in the meantime.
“Trailer was all shot up. About a dozen holes through it, windows all smashed out, beer bottles smashed everyplace. All four tires were shot out on the trailer.”
Smith says no damage was done to the inside of the trailer.
The brothers packed up their gear and went back home. Smith made arrangements with the RCMP to investigate the shooting the following Tuesday.
When he drove out to the site with the RCMP officer that day, through a heavy thunderstorm, Smith arrived to find his trailer in even worse shape.
'It just didn't seem real'
“Smoke was coming from there, and I could see a small flame about the size of a campfire,” Smith said.
“It was just a pile of ashes, basically. The walls were burnt off. The roof was gone. Propane bottle on fire ... It just didn't seem real, really, that any of this was going on."
Initially, they thought the vandals had come back to destroy the trailer. But Smith says there is only one road out of the campsite and they didn’t pass anyone suspicious on the way in.
They believe that lightning must have struck the trailer and started the fire shortly before they arrived.
Evidence destroyed
Smith says they spent about 45 minutes taking pictures of the scene and found a few .22 caliber shells.
However, since the fire destroyed most of the evidence and the rain washed away any tire tracks around the trailer, Smith isn’t too hopeful that anyone will be caught.
“It would be nice if they did, but I don’t know how.”
He says the trailer was insured and he’s now looking to have it replaced.
Despite everything that happened, Smith says he plans to return to the same spot when he gets his replacement trailer.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy ch!t. He must have done some messed up stuff for that kind of karma.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that smells of insurance fraud

Last year in the same area we put out a diesel jerry can on fire that some dumbasses had used to fill a plastic cup to try and start a fire with green poplar logs not even split and the flames ran back to the jerry can which was under the front of their tent trailer right beside the propane tanks. Maybe that was why they didn't even thank us or offer to pay for the fire extinguisher. Lol

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that smells of insurance fraud

Plus if someone shot the crap out of your trailer once why would you plan to go back to the same place again with your new trailer. If I was the underwriter and saw that statement he would not be getting a new trailer.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
So we should tow them behind our quads when we're riding?

I'm not going to be able to steer if I do that, but alright...... my 650H1 has moved my old travelaire before, and yes there are photo's and video.... it was a chitshow.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus if someone shot the crap out of your trailer once why would you plan to go back to the same place again with your new trailer. If I was the underwriter and saw that statement he would not be getting a new trailer.
Trailer never left the site, tires were shot out.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the end of the article he stated he will return to the same place with his new trailer.

Tb

he could be a really confident guy, even going to site with cops you would need a set of balls... if he was the culprit

Top Bottom