Carb'd Yamaha

Rufer19

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been doing some searching around for some info on Carb'd Yamaha's and running them in the mountains at altitude and temperature. I am looking for some opinions on what guys think of the WR with a snowbike kit. I'm thinking WR because of the headlight and electric start, also the ability to be able to run the bike street legal. Looking at the WR's that are in the years 07-11 with the aluminum frame. They are a bit cheaper than buying a 12 with fuel injected, but is it a huge pain jetting for altitude and temperature, or is there something like the APT smart carb that makes this easier? Also is the gear ratio that much harder to deal with on the snow compared to the YZF? I'm weighted towards the Yamaha's as that's all I've ridden the last 15 years and know the parts/reliability. Thanks guys.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it with a carbed bike unless it was something you rode at about the same elevation and temperature all the time. You would probably need to heat the carb as well. EFI all the way.

steve250f

Reaction score
Try go with the yzf the close ratio trans is much better .on the carbs go for it there five us that ride around crowfoot with carbed bikes 1 yz an 4 ktms all work great riding at 6000' ,plus no fuel in the oil

carbondaddy

Reaction score
I ride with a guy who has a carbed WR and works good. Put a JD jetting kit in it, once they're set up they work well

Top Bottom