Carb Question

FrankieJames7

Reaction score
there seems to be a question no one knows the answer to. here's how it goes. i'm putting dynoport pipes on my ultra and rich told me .03" needs to be taken off of the slide cut away. the stock ultra sp slides are 2.0. that puts the cut away at 2.762mm.

the problem is rich was talking about round slides but i'm converting the sled to rack carbs. will a 2.762mm cut away on the flatslides provide the correct tuning settings for the new pipes?

FrankieJames7

Reaction score
the next question. what is the flatslide cutaway equivalent to a 2.762mm round slide cutaway?

if that can't be found out i think the glorious egt and blow a few pistons tuning is going to have to happen. i will base jets off the xcr 800.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the next question. what is the flatslide cutaway equivalent to a 2.762mm round slide cutaway?

if that can't be found out i think the glorious egt and blow a few pistons tuning is going to have to happen. i will base jets off the xcr 800.

will see what i can figure out for ya. I'm more of a DOO guy so i'll have to reach out to some of my contacts. Will get back to ya.

FrankieJames7

Reaction score
i have an idea. i also am getting a racepak avenger III with the probes and will cut the round slides to 2.762 and look at the egt's, then tune the rack's to those pre determined egt's. triple triple the only set up where you need to buy 6 needle jets at once lol

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. I sent you a link.
Also watch for detonation in mid range. Couple guys had to back timing off a degree or 2

FrankieJames7

Reaction score
i'm running spx cdi and slp powerdome heads but was still planning on taking about half a degree of timing out. i have egt's so i should be able to see if it detonates. don't the temps get cold for a brief second when you get some det?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should consider a wideband to monitor the AFR, they react instantly and you dial each carb....you could buy 3 AEM widebands for the cost of a racepack

FrankieJames7

Reaction score
you should consider a wideband to monitor the AFR, they react instantly and you dial each carb....you could buy 3 AEM widebands for the cost of a racepack

i already bought a racepak avenger 3 with probes and wanted it for the other features as well.

the plan is to run the set up rich told me on my round slides, check piston wash and plugs, adjust jetting and then record the EGT's. when i put the flatslides on i will match the EGT's to what they were on the rounds.

plus idk what AFR the bottom end/mid range should be. i have the dynotech papers but they start at like 6500 rpm but do have AFR info. i don't need top end tuning it is the bottom end that i don't know about

Last edited:

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What size of rack carbs are you using? I know the old SRX Viper Yamahas used TM33 carbs with triple pipes and they had a 1.5 slide.

Top Bottom