Canopies

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of us cool kids running canopies, what brands/models are you using. Likes, dislikes? Options?

Old truck had a Leer 100R which I wasn't super happy with (leaky windows, crappy latches, shoddy windows). New wheels are canopy-less, which I like the look of; hate the lack of secure, dry, storage.

Leaning ARE or Raider....not sure I would buy Leer again.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Cap-It , which is a Leer, I'm really happy with mine. No leaks, even when I hit it with a pressure washer. The lip of the canopy over laps the edge of the box rails. Carpet inside and LED light. I bought this in 2011, and I wouldn't hesitate o pull the trigger on another one. My .02

SCOTTC

Reaction score
I also have a CAP-IT(leer), and am real happy with it. I have it hooked up for electric locks and work great. Paint matches perfectly & fit is great. The only option I would change would be for the front window removal for cleaning.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a leer 100rcc. Use it for work have had it on for 3 years. Very minimal leakage, and just on the tailgate section. Paint match was perfect. Drove south to pick it up and saved close to a grand. Would Def buy leer again. Did alot of research and looked at both ARE and raider. Quality of my topper seems far superior to them.

Miss having my box...but man is it nice not pulling my enclosed trailer every day!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought my truck with a Leer on it, it's been on and off since 05. I have zero issue's with Leer, other than the "L" fell off and everybody wants to put a "B" there. Lol

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. Ended up buying a Leer again from Raven in GP (100XR), for the full glass, single latch rear with pet screens, and no stinky carpet headliner this time so I can take a hose to it. Pretty reasonable at $2100 tax in. Up here was $3400 plus tax.

Top Bottom