can some one tell me what this thing is worth and the pro'and cons

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
modified yamaha rhino.......it has just had a 686cc big bore kit installed and whole engine overhauled with less than 5kms on rebuild. Rebuild includes: brand new 686cc cylinder, piston, rings, all top end gaskets, brand new wiseco crank with all new bottom end gaskets, seals and bearings. New camshaft, new valves and springs. Rhino itself has 27" mudzillas on ITP rims, 2" lift kit, shock straps, green plastics are in ok shape have a few frankenstein stitch fixes. Jet kit, complete aluminum roof front windhsield and back (almost complete cab). Complete frame and components have been painted black. Can Am 800 rad mounted behind your head with electric fan and highlifter gauge. Has overhead soundbar and cd deck. Dual batteries to run all of your accessories. Siren aftermarket horn. Everything is snorkeled. CDI box, upgraded heavy duty axles all around. Front mount bush bumper, 4000lb winch in the front and 2500lb winch in the rear. HMF exhaust pipe. Clutch kit. Will get you to hell and back reliably.

any info.....was thinking about a trade but I have no idea what it is worth or anything good or bad about the rino.....is a 686 big bore good or bad.......HELP!

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pm rocketron on here, hes on my friends list. he knows everything there is to know about them

han solo

Reaction score
Its not really a big bore. Its the 1st oversize, the org grizlly was 660. Then it went to fi, engine became a 700 which is really a 686. More a marketing game, the rhino engine is the same thing. Just like a chevy 350 is a 347. But that doesnt sound cool, so rounded it up. There descent machine, but if you looking for razor type sxs its not for you.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a Suzuki Sammy that I used to do alot of rock crawling and miss getting out in the bush......plus I can put a blade on this and push snow in the winter.....guy wants to trade but just not sure what this thing is worth? so the 686 is just a 700 engine......not a special big bore?

Its not really a big bore. Its the 1st oversize, the org grizlly was 660. Then it went to fi, engine became a 700 which is really a 686. More a marketing game, the rhino engine is the same thing. Just like a chevy 350 is a 347. But that doesnt sound cool, so rounded it up. There descent machine, but if you looking for razor type sxs its not for you.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the guy calls it a big bore from Benalto.....says it has tons of power.....machine is set up for torque not speed! I know nothing about the Rhino! HELP!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to say without lookig it over. What yr is it? If its a 07 I would put it at 7-9k if it's a 04 I would say 5-7k. Not really any difference from a 04-07 just what shape it's in. 08 they released the 700 (686) EFI

han solo

Reaction score
Im guessing it a carb model? Typicall all carb models were 660. Chuck Downee(spelling) is from Benatlo area. Im assuming that was rebuilt by him. If so, you wont be sorry with the engine. He is likely one of the best engine guys in western Cdn. He does alot of boosted engines. The 686 is the first oversize is all. If it was a 800, thats a big bore in that engine. Its a 1 lunger engine, think if I remember right it came from a motorcycle yami sells only in europe.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure the 686 is the big bore kit for the 660 models not sure on the factory disp on the 660 i know the bbk for the 700 which stock is 686 only takes it to 734 without a stroker kit sounds like a decent machine proly 7ish

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does have everything...and Chuck is a great engine builder...but if you ride with any other SxS you will be disappointed. The Rhino's are just a small step above golf cart. You get beside a RZR or a Tyrex or a Commander and you're going to have that thing on Kijiji the next day.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave`s right ,rhino`s are 6 years behind the times...................................

Top Bottom