Can-am Outlander 400 drive shaft seal(s) removal

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
What is the proper method for replacing the drive shaft seals (front and rear shafts) on a can am outlander 400 XT? I read that the engine has to be pulled for the front seal which doesn't make sense to me, I would think the front diff should move forward so the shaft can be pulled forward like the rear. Also, exactly how does one pull the seals out. Thanks

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your replacing them, it doesn't matter if you wreck them during removal. Easiest way is to just use a screwdriver to pry the seals out.

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
Thanks, we ended up tying up the A-arms with ratchet straps so we could get enough clearance to pull the front diff up and out. Then the shaft came right out.
only problem now is that the studs going into the engine are binding up as I try to take them out! I think they were over tightened at one point based on the torque specs I'm seeing in the manual (if it's there,) lots of torque specs missing in the can am manual. I'm gonna pick up a heli coil set before I go any farther. Waiting on seals anyway

Top Bottom