Can Am Electrical Issues

glenza

Reaction score
I have a 08 can am 800 max that is having electrical problems. When I turn the key the dash does not light up but I can hear the fuel pump turn on, and my handle bar warmers which are wired directly to the battery work as well, but there is no response from the dash, along with the bike will not start. Does anyone know what the problem could be?? I have already checked all the fuses in the front and back of the bike, and the battery is new if it matters.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure your battery connections are tight at the battery and at the starter selenoid, try that.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 can am 800 max that is having electrical problems. When I turn the key the dash does not light up but I can hear the fuel pump turn on, and my handle bar warmers which are wired directly to the battery work as well, but there is no response from the dash, along with the bike will not start. Does anyone know what the problem could be?? I have already checked all the fuses in the front and back of the bike, and the battery is new if it matters.

Check the connector on the back of the speedo, it happened to me and I found a pin that wasn't making contact. Make sure you use dielectric
Grease when you reconnect.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
There are 3 30 amp mini fuses in the rear in a semi sealed connector. Make sure to check these too. I have seen blow when machine are being washed off or from DEEP water riding. Make sure to pull them out and dielectric grease them and re-install them. Check them every 4 to 5 harcore rides and carry spares...On the 2010's and up they automotive box style, 2 30 amps and 1 40 amp.

Top Bottom