Camping within 1.5 hours of Edmonton

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good suggestion for camping close to town? My parents want to take the kids for a week. This is going to be a week when the wife is gone as well - so I wouldn't mind heading out for a night or two during the week to see them.

Of course - this will entail me hauling the rig out there, setting it up and hauling it back! Would be best if there was full hookups and a beach (or pool). Power at a minimum - my mom is not what you would call the most outdoorsy and I don't have inverter and solar panel ready to go yet!

Was thinking Miquelon, but I have not been there in years. Would be a quick trip from home......

Have a 30.5ft 5th wheel so that may play into it.

Would love some suggestions. Thanks!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good thought camping around town? My parents want to take the kids for a week. This is going to be a week when the wife is gone - so I wouldn't mind heading out for a night or two during the week to see them.

Of course - this will entail me hauling the rig out there, setting it up and hauling it back! Would be best if there was full hookups and a beach (or pool). Power at a minimum - my mom is not what you would call the most outdoorsy!

Was thinking Miquelon, but I have not been there in years. That would be a quick trip from home.

Have a 30.5ft 5th wheel so that may play into it.

Would love some suggestions. Thanks!!

Miquelon has a nice campground. Lake is dead in imo the beach stinks. There is a place by you called star gazer or something. Camp on grass, they have a pool. Grandparents like that kind of camping, at least ours do lol.

If you boating no question I would go to Wab. they've upgraded it's nice.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jarvis bay is great, just west of Red Deer (maybe 15km), just north of sylvan lake (maybe 5km). I've tented there several times, lots of room for tents, small campers, and large 5th wheels.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Miquelon lake is great for camping too, was just there !!!! clean sites! no booze at the store anymore though, bring enough with you or drive to hay lakes for beer, they have two VERY LARGE beer stores there....lol

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lindbrook is great for the kids. Power on all sites, dump station and city water available at the office. Pool and playground. It's about 30 minutes straight out Wye Road from Sherwood Park. We go there lots in the summer, many times I've parked the fifth there for the family and gone to work each day.

Top Bottom