Calling on M1000 turbo riders

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking for people who have turbos on their M1000.

How are they working / have they improved?
The failing ones, what are the reasons / are they being run on the edge?
What are they running for boost?
What Turbos are working well?

Basically I want something reliable and "get on and ride". Don't need to ride on the raged edge at 14lbs, maybe 8lbs or so. Thinking the Aero charger is the best bet. However, don't want to drop 10g's on something that doesn't work well or thats going to blow up my sled.

Any info from people who "HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE" would be great, thanks.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Basically I want something reliable and "get on and ride". Don't need to ride on the raged edge at 14lbs, maybe 8lbs or so. Thinking the Aero charger is the best bet. However, don't want to drop 10g's on something that doesn't work well or thats going to blow up my sled.

Why dont you wait for the 2011 Stock Turbo M Series, you get factory warranty on a sled with turbo!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to burst your bubble but no warranty on the RTR

Thats why I'm X'ing finger for a factory Turbo. There gonna be around the $20K margin I hear with full factory warranty! Come on Cat do your stuff and make the new Turbo Light and strong

steevo

Reaction score
Thats why I'm X'ing finger for a factory Turbo. There gonna be around the $20K margin I hear with full factory warranty! Come on Cat do your stuff and make the new Turbo Light and strong

LMAO
The only factory turbo that AC is going to have is the Z1T.AC tried to work out the turbo idea with Boondocker,but they could not meet acceptable emmisions or decible levels with the turbo. As far as the Z1T is concerned,you better like the point and shoot idea cause it is a really fat lady!!!I have riden one,and all it was good for was trails and going in a straight line. Cat is coming out with a 192hp m-1000 next year though from what I have heard. Basically the same changes that the M-8 went through this year.Some head modifications,pipe and fuel mapping.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Call Brian at Canadian Powersports in South Slocan BC. I would get a Twisted set up if it was me, hands down one of the nicest out there. Brian knows his stuff and has a TM1200 and has also set up Andy Nazaroff's TM1000 and done some work on Dan Davidoff's turbo's as well. This is about as first hand as you can get. Have seen Brian's sleds run first hand, haul ass does not begin to describe it.

I will tell you right now though, while a lot of them are "pull and go" there is some tuning you need to do and I would not expect consistent reliability, no matter what anyone tells you. There are some tuning challenges to get over. Set your expectations low to start with and be prepared to drop some $$$ (probably close to $7000-$8000) on a good setup.

whittaker727

Reaction score
I'm just about finished with my second Twisted M1000/M1200 set up. A few more hours and a few more rivets and we'll be rippen again. 7 drums of fuel through last years set up and no issues. Once you boost an M1000, it's hard to go back to anything else. Here's a pic of where I ended up today. Tomorrow it should be done.
Picture005.jpg

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the new BD Pump gas on my M1000 and works really well. The only issue I have had was a coil but had nothing to do with the turbo. Works awesome and there isnt much lag at all.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
I have the new BD Pump gas on my M1000 and works really well. The only issue I have had was a coil but had nothing to do with the turbo. Works awesome and there isnt much lag at all.

Its a pull and ride type of deal than? Who did you get it from and who did the work and what was the damage? Thanks.

Bigbragg

Reaction score
Its a pull and ride type of deal than? Who did you get it from and who did the work and what was the damage? Thanks.

Talk to albert or kevin from Lac la biche sports. 780-623-4145
They have new 2010 m8's 153/162 with Boon doocker turbos 8 to 10 pounds of boost ,for around 21 grand.

:p

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I'm just about finished with my second Twisted M1000/M1200 set up. A few more hours and a few more rivets and we'll be rippen again. 7 drums of fuel through last years set up and no issues. Once you boost an M1000, it's hard to go back to anything else. Here's a pic of where I ended up today. Tomorrow it should be done.

That is a sweet sled!!!! :beer::beer:

Top Bottom