Calling all gear heads

Misfit

Reaction score
I was out riding this weekend and im having some motor trouble again. It started bogging and then just quit all togeather, there is compression and its not siezed. The plugs are a nice golden colour. Here is the problem it will fire but it will not run for more then a second or two. So I dont know if its running off of the fuel that I prime into the system or if its only on one lung. I think the old girl needs a heart transplant.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would have to agree that your fuel pump may be crappin' the bed on you or maybe the feed line from the tank is plugged or pinched.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out riding this weekend and im having some motor trouble again. It started bogging and then just quit all togeather, there is compression and its not siezed. The plugs are a nice golden colour. Here is the problem it will fire but it will not run for more then a second or two. So I dont know if its running off of the fuel that I prime into the system or if its only on one lung. I think the old girl needs a heart transplant.
I can't seem to find it here but what are you riding?

Misfit

Reaction score
doh forgot to put what im riding

Its an 02 800 motor in an 04 ski doo race chassis

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Misfit:

May be a groofy question, but have you by chance turned your carb heats on...?

Are the spark plug cables cracked...?

Have you taken both sets of jets out and checked them?

Start with the simple things before you start ripping her apart...

Let me know what you find.....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the next question would be what were the riding conditions at the time of the failure, was the engine getting enough cooling?

Misfit

Reaction score
Was riding out at Bell, good snow conditions and had lots of snow on my cooler. I checked the jets today and they are good, no heated carbs on my sled, fuel lines dont appear to be pinched.

jennepa

Reaction score
Fuel cap-had same problem -fuel cap was plugged,no venting-motor would run until vaccum in fuel tank wouldn't allow fuel to carb.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel cap-had same problem -fuel cap was plugged,no venting-motor would run until vaccum in fuel tank wouldn't allow fuel to carb.

Yah. thats a good one. Also check to see that your reeds are good, because if they aren't it can do wierd things.. But it most likely seems like it is a fuel delivery problem. I would pull the pump out and pull it apart and check it. Also check to make sure that the pulse line going from the motor to the fuel pump is in good shape..

Top Bottom