C3 belt drive for pro need replacement belt this weekend Dec 6 sicamous. Can anyone h

big_vernster

Reaction score
Have you been having problems with your C3? Are you turbo'd? Ive blown 4 belts in under 100 KM on mine, extremely frustrated, looking to swap it out for a TKI maybe...

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 in under 100 km's ? wow. I have the c3 on my XP and so far so good. I did how ever have to adjust it quite a bit during the first day. I kept checking it every half hour or so. I was amazed how much it stretched/loosened off from the staging area at Belle mountain just to the cabin. Checked it about half way up the trail and noticed it was a little loose, said i'll adjust when at cabin, it loosened off almost half inch. From there to the top of big Belle another almostt 3/8". From top down into the meadows in the fresh powder the belt actually ratcheted. Adjusted it again another 3/8" or so and then no more issues since that day.

TJ(turbojoe)

Reaction score
Yes running a boon rocker turbo at 14psi . Ya I see now they need to be just right for tension . I also had it way to tight. 4 days now on second belt. Once they warm up I am guessing the gears / sprockets expand and alot more that I expected that's for sure .

big_vernster

Reaction score
I had an alignment issue to start, the belt was actually riding up on the tensioner puller and it was carving a line into the left side of the belt, then they would blow sky high. Fixed the alignment issue with spacer washers, went out and blew two more belts right in half. The instructions say with the mitsuboshi belt it should have 1/4" deflection. Checked the belt every 3 km, im starting to think that 1/4" is way too tight. Anyways, looking at taking the C3 setup completely off and replacing with the TKI setup, and the belts make way more contact with the pulleys. No modifications with this setup required. With the C3, I had to modify the turbo bracket and I think thats also contributing to the issues im having. Know anyone that wants to buy a brand new C3 setup for a 13-15 RMK?? lol

TJ(turbojoe)

Reaction score
Ya I agree 1/4" is to tight to start. I run the mitsubishi belt and I bet 1/2" wouis be more accurate. I spent a lot of time adjusting my second belt the first day after every pull and I seem to have it set properly now. Pain in the ass the first day but it's been worth it so far .

TJ(turbojoe)

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1419192947888.jpg

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out yesterday I got everything good and Hotmail the belt was down to like 3/8 deflection. 1/2 when cold

TJ(turbojoe)

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of deflection but seems To be working. In blue river now and the snow is sick . at 15lbs boost and running strong.

Top Bottom