Bruderheim ATV Area - Perminent Closure, with out your feed back - See Govt Website

eattheweak

Reaction score
Well I used the link and gave my two cents. Everyone should it is to easy to blog and do nothing, please be heard.

What did I say;

I support expansion of both areas

I don't support closure of any area that it will bring over population to one and it's closure because of the enviro impact.

User fees, and restrict the use of Bruderheim to two wheeled vehicles, quads under 90cc and horseback. Also zone this are for the above.

Redwater to be unrestricted in motorized vehicles.

Basically my thoughts are reduce impact in the area they want to close out rite. So not to cause over use of another (I used Mclean Creek as an example where in the southern area is two wheels only to some degree and marking areas/trails for use).

Yes it is not a 100% solution, and some will not like my point of view. Thing is I gave my point of view. YOUR TURN!:beer: I use both areas (might ave seen me out there my whole family rides my boy rides the DR-Z 70 with the training wheels :d that how most reconzed us, do be scared to say hi.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Green-Horn. Quit crying. Ride what you want where you want(where it's legal). Let the other people with the big tires and the big power to turn them ride where they want. You likely won't be heading down the same trail. Ripped up trails won't be affecting you. Or better yet head down the trail with your tow vehicle. When the trail gets to hairy you stop and turn around. People will always want to modify their machines while testing them and there selfs.

A-West

Reaction score
So i just stumbled into this form while searching where i could ride if I was to purchase 3 bikes for the family. I read all your posts and I agree with everything being said but there is really only one place to state your peace. So follow the link I did. Now all you older fellows start setting a good example and start picking up the garbage that is left behind by others. Pack out more than what you brought in.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have insider info (I can't disclose, but the source is legitimate) that Alberta Parks and Rec are talking about sellinhg the land in the Bruderheim Recreation Area. The land bordering the Recreation area is for the most part Industrial, except for the property bordering the N Sask River. There may be some tracts that are not Heavy Industry, but not sure which. They are asking huge dollars for the land, so it would most likely be Industry buying it if so. The plan would be to use the money they get for the land to buy other property to make into Parks and Recreation areas.

I think the Bruderheim Recreation Area riding days are numbered. Residents who complained about riders will probably complain about Industry also. I wonder which they'd rather have?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to quote "WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! " unquote

so if everyone is complaining about trails being shut down, being torn up and not fun to ride... how about some ideas on how we can change things. i do not quad, so i have no idea on what the trails are like anywhere, but i have read most complaints about garbage being left behind and rutted trails. i know that some ppl do quad trail cleanups, but what else can be done? i am wondering if it would be possible if ppl bought trail passes for quadding, just like you do for sledding.

Become part of your local club and volunteer work hours.

Clubs like the RMDRA are doing a ton of work to keep trails open, and have even had success through constant work with the SRD to open trails in a once closed off area. If anybody has seen trail signs in the Mclean area they have all been posted by the RMDRA!

I know simliar clubs are available for quaders and trucks, yet the majority of users either know of these groups and aren't a part of them, or think these places run themselves.

I stop and pick up garbage on trails. I voltuneer my hours for bridge installations and trail clearings, and I respect the land by staying off wet trails. This doesnt' mean I don't ride after a rain. I know trails that I can ride on after it stops raining and they will not wear. You have to use common sense. If its soupy, stay off of them! Unlike quaders, I also run with a trials tire that minimizes and almost stops all rutting/wear.

And as commented on another thread about quaders. Stay out of the damn water, especially clean rivers!

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Green-Horn. Quit crying. Ride what you want where you want(where it's legal). Let the other people with the big tires and the big power to turn them ride where they want. You likely won't be heading down the same trail. Ripped up trails won't be affecting you. Or better yet head down the trail with your tow vehicle. When the trail gets to hairy you stop and turn around. People will always want to modify their machines while testing them and there selfs.

I wonder who will be crying when this area is closed down!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom