Brake noise and 4x4 indicator light

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Had a great time at the campout at out west. I have to problems since the riding that weekend. After the last mudhole I was in( not over the tires)
I had the diff locked and managed to get out. I heard a clunking noise in the front end when I was rocking back and forth to get out of my situation. After I got unstuck, the 4x4 light will not dissengage. I can switch between the 2x4 and 4x4 and it seems to function properly. The light jsut wont go out.
A buddy had the same issue a while back and he ended up sinking $1300 into a buch of parts and labor to fix the diff. I hope this is not the case. Anyone have any experience with this issue??

#2 problem, when I use my back brake, it sounds like I am grinding gears on a big rig. I always made noise for day one new, now it is getting terrible. I have 2100kms on the stock pads but it doesnt sound like it comes from there. Maybe it does, I should probably get some new pads anyway. It doesnt sound like metal on metal its more like a gear grinding sound with a real buzz to it. The belt is original to if that helps.
Please help me, thanks in advance
Major

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I'm guessing its a grizzly that ratching from the back brakes my has done that since god was a boy I think all grizzlies I think do it....I think it is coming from clutch...I need to grease mine I will see if it stops.

Is it disengauging out of 4wd? or is it just the light? sometimes mine is stubborn and I have to stop and back up a foot to disengauge it

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks mur, It is a grizzly - 06 660 2100kms' Mine has made the ratcheting sound since new when hard on the back brake. I think that is normal, although it is real loud now and it sounds more like grinding gears on a car or something like that. I have a video of the sound I will post later today. As with the 4x4, it will shift in and out just fine but the light wont go out. Medler and I had it off the ground and shifted it back in a nd out a few times and it worked fine. The light stays on no matter what. I am stumped.

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the original post the clunk sound from the front was more like the ratcheting type sound also. I am glad you used that word "ratcheting" that was the word I was looking for to describe my problem lol.:beer:

Top Bottom