Brake controller wiring

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2009 dodge ram laramie 1500 with the trailer package. Dodge is telling me that I may or may not have the connector to just plug and play a controller in it. Where do you look for the connector? (right side left side ), I know under dash. If you look at 2010 placement of it it looks simple. Also if not does and I need to buy the connector and controller is it a simple hook up? and what are the colors to put the connector to?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesn't trailer package mean the controller is already wired in from the factory? i know on my ford its mounted right in the dash from the factory

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they haven't changed things there should be a light blue plugin under the dash around your park brake, check under the back seat for the harness, that's where I found mine.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
if they haven't changed things there should be a light blue plugin under the dash around your park brake, check under the back seat for the harness, that's where i found mine.

you're so right........... Check in your owner's manual, and there is a picture of where it is and what the connector looks like.....( OR AT LEAST THERE IS IN '08 MANUALS)

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I had a real good look, it appears to be on the firewall next to another connector but in use. So it will be a simple set up. I just bought a buddies 2007 Wells Cargo 19 ft v nose sled trailer and heading west with it next weekend.

Top Bottom