Boyeson rage cage reeds=bad gas mileage?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a set of the new Boyeson rage cages on my Summit 800 with 1/2 " spacers .I also run a Crankshop single with y pipe and a Thing stinger all ceramic coated,K&N pods.I run 410 mains and the c clip in the middle of the needle.Major issue with gas consumption I go through full tank of gas and a 10 l jerry can in under 80 km's.Thinkin of puttin stock reeds back in to see if it gets better mileage.Any thoughts?

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see the reeds being the problem, with 410 jets you should hardly burn any fuel. I run vforce with 460's & run 110+ km to a tank. I have had the fuel line in my tank get dry and crack before, not allowing the engine to use all the fuel in the tank. That's my best guess.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sat and Sun I went 20-25 kms to alpine and I put my 10l jerry can in my fuel tank,I was full to the top when I left parking lot.

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sat and Sun I went 20-25 kms to alpine and I put my 10l jerry can in my fuel tank,I was full to the top when I left parking lot.

whatever sno teaser your throtle thumb can do more bench presses than your hole body keeper' pinned!!! hell yaaaa!!!!

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This won't make either of us feel any better,but I burn about the same amount of gas when I ride up in Powder King. I think it's just the way there are. Mind you I did have a 500 fan Summit that was real easy on gas in the mountains. It was so low on power it had a hard time climbing into the back of the pickup, LOL.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do got a set off my old 03 ,but going to go back to the stock reeds and see if the gas mileage gets better.Or do you or any of your buddys maxwell run the rage cages and if so what jets are you runnin in those sleds.I got 5 or more buddies that run stock reeds with or without pods and they can get 90 kms for sure on just the tank,no jerry can.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i run with a 01 800hm aswell sometimes and that thing is absolutely terrible. also ride with an 02 800hm and its brutal aswelll. those sleds run vforce tho....and were bad before the reeds

both are on 500 main jets.

not sure on the mileage but im guessing its around what yours is or worse

how are you running 410s? do u have the newer carbs on it now?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have an 05 crate motor in my 01 chassis,I put my 03 carbs on it (parted out 03 this year).My 01 originally came with 500 mains stock.After all mods I'm down to 410's .Plugs look good ,could probably get away with 400's.I'll be lookin after a quick reed swap.Got any bezels? I got lens covers,now

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this sounds stupid but it was the culprit,my choke cable was a hair to tight and it was letting in uncontrolled amount of gas.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya she wouldn't idle very good but she would haul ass if ya hit the throttle.I was still the first to run outta gas yesterday,thinkin 80-90 kms on tank alone.01 summit 800 stock except can and grandpa rider got 25-30 farther,03 summit 800 stock except can(pinned) got about 15-20 kms farther and 07 summit 800 stock except can(pinned) went all 130 + kms.All sleds are 151" tracks also

Top Bottom