Boondocker #'s 2006 a/c misfire

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a 06 Crossfire 7, twin pipes. He installed the pipes shortly after he bought the sled and then installed boondocker because it was running lean/rich in spots. Since then praire riding or mountains this sled has not had a steady heartbeat, he has put stock pipe on and no difference. Just came back from revy and no better. Cat dealer in WAINWRIGHT (not saying names is no help, go figure) thats where the sled was purchased from and many more. Does/Did anyone out there have this problem and was it the boondocker. He has given up putting the map #s in. Can someone help with some #s, or something.

*** Sled doesnt run to to bad, when climbing and sled gets under heavy load about 70% starts to butter out and starts being a MISFIRE 7.

I think yamahas starting to fly around in his brain.

Help Please.

:beer:

W

woodies

if he's running stock pipe and no mods undo the box see if its still doing it.i have a 700 with a docker and runs fine! could pm you the numbers.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He didnt unhook but put to stock-0- settings,. Returned to pipes and here we sit.

Last year in the p/lot boulder he tore through that whole sled all day couldnt find nothing , brought back home and found out reeds were screwed. They replaced with v force 3 reeds and it has still ran the same as it always has.

Current set up

Monster twin pipes
helix
bullseye air things
stock timing

He said seems to run fine for first little bit of day but, then quote " turns to *$*t "

He sits on his ass all day driving truck and i thought i could throw this one out there and try to help him.

Will be going to Blue River Mid-Feb, hopefully he can get it fixed.

W

woodies

Unhook it before blaming it takes 2 minutes,then you will know!because at 00 still might be affecting it!

W

woodies

Haha go read thread called we are in blue river .in the just about anything goes section. Some nice areas!

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i had problems with my boondocker as well... with it plugged in it was overfueling one side for whatever reason so i would unplug the box and plug in the jumper wire(with the battery attachment) and on a test stand it would rev up just fine(on a turbo) i'd plug my box back in and on a test stand it would barely reach 6500 rpm wide open and 300 degrees different on my egts from side to side... so i thought it was my box that was eff'd.... sent it back they put it under the scope nothing wrong but reprogrammed it anyways sent it back put it on... same thing didn't change a thing... so i unplugged my injector on the rich side (i have 2 auxillary injectors... so my 2 stock ones were still hooked up) and it pull full rpm...i then switched injector connections from side to side.... with all 4 injectors hooked up... pulled full rpm... switched htem back... pulled full rpm... haven't had a problem since... i dunno perhaps one of my connections wasnt a good connection...

anyways that probably isn't your issue considering you have stock injectors on the sled... but double check your ground on your BD box make sure its a clean solid ground... i wonder what kinda exhaust temps he is pulling... im going to bet that its overfueling and its running to rich but im not sure... he should really have either an A/F guage on it or egt's to be able to tune properly with the BD box.

otherwise you are just guessing with numbers... and the numbers BD sends out are always fat... speaking from experience.

Top Bottom