Boondocker air box (not building boost)

stompit

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the small threaded hose that goes into the top of the airbox is for and would it have any effect on why my sled is not building boost. I just changed the reeds and am positive everything is put together properly and tight. This was the only component that did not go on well and could possibly be cross threaded as it doesn't screw all the way in properly. Any other possibilities that I may be missing? Wastegate seems to be functioning but can't be certain.
Thanks in advance for any help. The sled is a 10 m8 pgt

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Def take it apart and put a new fitting in. You might have to go a thread size larger now. Use thread sealant. How much boost is it making? Any at all? Check the o-rings in the airbox, and the throttle body spacer. The ones that are countersunk on the inside, where it seals the throttle body. Also check for tightness of the two bolts holding it all together. I assume there is some sort of fastener pulling the airbox into the throttle body. You were in there that far so.... Under normal idle its not enough to open up, but under boost it opens up and releases your boost. This happened to me... Also if everything checks out take out the boost controller, if you have one.

stompit

Reaction score
Thanks moto, the o ring in the airbox was tweaked a bit. Paid closer attention this time and everything worked out. Running strong again.

Top Bottom