Bogging Down

TOlteanu

Reaction score
So, I have a 2006 Grizzly 660. I've been having a bit of an issue with it bogging down on me when I'm in some mud and water. I wasn't in too deep only just above tire height. When I would try to throttle it, it would seem to me lacking in power, bogg down and sputter and then eventually die. It starts back up right away and still has the issue. I'm certain I'm not too deep in water to where its sucking it in through the intake since when I get out, it runs completely fine and normal, plus I checked and it was bone dry in the filter box. Would this be an issue with maybe low end power and torque? Maybe its sucking in steam and getting suffocated? I'm not too sure what the issue is, anyone have any insight!?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
medler is always steaming. if it runs fine on exiting the stream, then it could very well be steam in the intake as med says. you could check your electric connections and dielectric grease them and make sure hose clamps are tight on vents.

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has an 05 Grizzly with a carb. There is a vent on the side of the carb that is supposed to have a cap on it. If you leave it off, or if it fell off, water can get into the float bowl which will do some strange things. On his it would let the bike idle but not run on partially open throttle. Also there is a set of wires running to the bottom sensors that should not be bare. Just a couple of things to check.

TOlteanu

Reaction score
Awesome thanks guys. I've previously checked the vent tube for the carb and it still has the one way breather on the one end. I haven't checked the wires or anything yes and I think I might spray it all down with some dielectric grease.

Top Bottom