boating the Shuswap

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from attending a wedding on the north end of Seymore Arm. Just a heads up for those who are planning to come in the near future that there is a lot of dangerous crap floating due to high water. Never seen it like this before. It took some guys 3 hrs from Sicamous because of the debris.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from attending a wedding on the north end of Seymore Arm. Just a heads up for those who are planning to come in the near future that there is a lot of dangerous crap floating due to high water. Never seen it like this before. It took some guys 3 hrs from Sicamous because of the debris.

Thats a drag usually about 45 mins. Little pic Salmon Arm end stairway to hevan. IMG_20120714_162424.jpg

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OOC, do you have a place next to Glen Echo? We just pulled out of there after 8 years last year.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OOC, do you have a place next to Glen Echo? We just pulled out of there after 8 years last year.

Yep High ground at PP. Heading up to Ft Mac for a few hope there's beach when I get back out mid Aug. It's dropin but slow. Why did you pull out ? Just got into Pierre's been waiting along time for full service year round. Managment seems great so far so good.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PP is much better in terms of amenities etc than Glen Echo, We pulled out as it was getting stupid with cost, politics and a rent a cop. The shareholders created an us vs them mentality between the seasonal which we were one. Sewage smells was also an ongoing issue as well. We also went over to Europe for holidays last year so thought it was time to move on. After getting backwWe actually ended up camping for 10 days at PP. We had a good time for the exception of the lady who has been there for years and needs to take her meds but doesnt. The management told me I could anchor my boat on this particular anchor and she came out screaming her head off at me saying it was hers. Crazy! Anyway, we spend a lot of time around PP and in front of G.E. as we know / have a lot of friends still there. If you have seen a Crownline boat full of women (wife and daughters) that is me :) Come say hi!

Yep High ground at PP. Heading up to Ft Mac for a few hope there's beach when I get back out mid Aug. It's dropin but slow. Why did you pull out ? Just got into Pierre's been waiting along time for full service year round. Managment seems great so far so good.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PP is much better in terms of amenities etc than Glen Echo, We pulled out as it was getting stupid with cost, politics and a rent a cop. The shareholders created an us vs them mentality between the seasonal which we were one. Sewage smells was also an ongoing issue as well. We also went over to Europe for holidays last year so thought it was time to move on. After getting backwWe actually ended up camping for 10 days at PP. We had a good time for the exception of the lady who has been there for years and needs to take her meds but doesnt. The management told me I could anchor my boat on this particular anchor and she came out screaming her head off at me saying it was hers. Crazy! Anyway, we spend a lot of time around PP and in front of G.E. as we know / have a lot of friends still there. If you have seen a Crownline boat full of women (wife and daughters) that is me :) Come say hi!

PP has changed hands mang is great I got 2 vacant seasonals on either side of me kinda like it that way but hey if a S&Mers looking for a spot this would be a great spot. They really seem to cater to the seasonals and we are treated well there Greg is a great guy. Watch for the parasail around Aug 15.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are headed to the Swap July 31st gonna be camping at the Provincial Park across from Copper Islands, any idea how many crap is floating around there?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there on Sat, and seen more than usual but getting better. LOTS of boats!!! A friend of mine lives on the Blind Bay Road side and he told me to stay on that side of the lake as there is less debris floating due to the currents.

We are headed to the Swap July 31st gonna be camping at the Provincial Park across from Copper Islands, any idea how many crap is floating around there?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are they charging for seasonals these days? getting late now but maybe next year.

PP has changed hands mang is great I got 2 vacant seasonals on either side of me kinda like it that way but hey if a S&Mers looking for a spot this would be a great spot. They really seem to cater to the seasonals and we are treated well there Greg is a great guy. Watch for the parasail around Aug 15.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Was down that way at Little River Boat world and there's debris but it's thinning out. Gonna be the kinda yr ya gotta watch close cause some big stuff hit the lake and oncce it water logs it will sink and surface. Thinkin it might be a busy summer for fiberglass repair. Comp ski boat at LRBW had just come in hit log bent drive mangled prop around 2k damage.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that front row?

No front rows under water I'm back 3 sites from the lake but can see the boat anchored so all is good. Was limited by the site due to the size of the trailer. Only 2 35x35 lots at PP's well 1 now. We were at Kook paying 2400 for 4 months no hooks lakefront for the last 8 yrs but I like my Tims and you can't beat the ammenities in the Shuswap hospitals bars pubs Mooses Eagle Valley Lodge the list goes on, I love that whole area it's my HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY place.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree! I also like the fact that from my house to PP is 30 min. and 10 min to the inlaws to get firewood (father in law has a saw mill) :)

No front rows under water I'm back 3 sites from the lake but can see the boat anchored so all is good. Was limited by the site due to the size of the trailer. Only 2 35x35 lots at PP's well 1 now. We were at Kook paying 2400 for 4 months no hooks lakefront for the last 8 yrs but I like my Tims and you can't beat the ammenities in the Shuswap hospitals bars pubs Mooses Eagle Valley Lodge the list goes on, I love that whole area it's my HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY place.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was down that way at Little River Boat world and there's debris but it's thinning out. Gonna be the kinda yr ya gotta watch close cause some big stuff hit the lake and oncce it water logs it will sink and surface. Thinkin it might be a busy summer for fiberglass repair. Comp ski boat at LRBW had just come in hit log bent drive mangled prop around 2k damage.

Yikes, i will definately be keeping my eyes peeled. Are they still dragging logs from the drop off in the corner?

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes, i will definately be keeping my eyes peeled. Are they still dragging logs from the drop off in the corner?
Yep they were when I was there. You mean the corner accross from LRBW right by the slalom course.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, use the tug boat to drag them around to the other end for pick up. Few days closer, can't wait.

Top Bottom