Blue River cloures.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please go to the valemont and blue river section to view info on another proposed ski tenure area, everyone needs to respond.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys - this is just a thought. How about a section on land closures, "inappropriate" tenure applications, political (snowmobiling) comments on the forum front page. That way - easier for people to find and post comments.

It would help that whoever posts the notice - links to where interested individuals can post comments - as was done in this instance.

The greenies have been doing it for years. With the internet and email - it makes it way easier for us "silent majority" to make our voices heard. (and having a smart, good-looking lawyer on side);)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great idea Barefooter. I will ask Ron. Are you suggesting that your the good looking lawyer or the smart one???

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Incredible what this woman has fabricated for her own gain. I think it's high time us snowmobilers startig creating stories of our own here are a few that come to mind:

Snowmobilers in Blue River save lives of heliskiers after skier causes avalanche.

Snowmobilers in Blue River save lives of hundreds of Caribou, snowmobiles used to heard them away from heliskier caused avalanche.

Snowmobile club in Blue River spends countless volunteer hours cleaning up after heliskiers.

And so on....

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little disappointed at the apparent lack of interest in this topic. Come on Snow and mud people, this is a hell of a lot more important than a fricken snow countdown. No wonder special interest groups can shut down our areas so easily.

What about you moderators? your pretty quick to censure me,and post on every thread have you voiced your concern.

Last edited:

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to "Kootenay Area Snowmobiling" and read the post "Area at Risk" by KootenayCat.

Kevin and others handled this really well. A good example of how to do it.:d

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to "Kootenay Area Snowmobiling" and read the post "Area at Risk" by KootenayCat.

Kevin and others handled this really well. A good example of how to do it.:d

She wants exclusive tenure only. She has never come to the club or the community to address any deals with sharing the area at all. She is trying to slide this under our noses. She resides in a different community all together.

Last edited:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to sure about the whole Kootenay issue so am a little hesitent to comment. Seems that most special interest groups ask for tenure first before asking for cooperation from other users first. Once granted its too late.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I may only be 16 but im going to do everything in my power to not let this tenure problem to go through this is BS!!!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can do more than you think. Have everyone you know respond politely on the link provided to voice their oppossion to the tenure

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
you can do more than you think. Have everyone you know respond politely on the link provided to voice their oppossion to the tenure

I have responded (politely) against the tenure application.

I do wonder, however, why the snowmobile club does not have the tenure for themselves. Then they would not have to worry about these applications.

Example: The McBride Snowmobile Club has tenure, and have applied for others. Outside groups must ask OUR permission for use of our areas and we work with them when we can. The tenure can be taken away from us for environmental reasons (caribou, etc.) but at least we don't have to deal with things like this, cause it's is already ours.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dont know how I missed this but I did, will respond politly right away!
catmando!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I have responded (politely) against the tenure application.

I do wonder, however, why the snowmobile club does not have the tenure for themselves. Then they would not have to worry about these applications.

Example: The McBride Snowmobile Club has tenure, and have applied for others. Outside groups must ask OUR permission for use of our areas and we work with them when we can. The tenure can be taken away from us for environmental reasons (caribou, etc.) but at least we don't have to deal with things like this, cause it's is already ours.
Wellll....

We started out just wanting to Sled and have a good time in Our Backyard ...

And ' BOOM " We are the New " It Place " STEEP & DEEP

The Boy's just wanna have fun !! ( sounds like a song I know LOL )

The Powder Packers ARE WORKING OVERTIME right now working on a Management Plan....

Not so much Tenure but a Stewardship Management Plan....and Designated Snowmobile Areas

Blue Jewel has Tenure on the Road Systems ALL around Blue River and the Powder Packers and the Public are MORE THAN WELCOME to ride for FUN !! ' ABSOULTLY NO PROBLEM HERE !! )

BLUE JEWEL does have a Problem with " Negative Radical Extremeist NON Factual or FAKE People "

Blue Jewel WILL DO Anything & Everything for this Community !

I am VERY Passonaite about Blue River this is MY HOME !

Again Blue Jewel does have Tenure on the Road Sysrems in that Area and We DO have a SAY ......

I HOPE it will be enough to HELP Blue River !

However We do NOT have Exclusive Rights

After reveiwing Dana Website.... She is ALREADY working with Mike Weigele as I see She has been Touring Illegal since 1983 ! In the North Thompson

Also Some of the Tours leave right from Weigeles Place Humm....

Everyone Polite Comments would be much appreciated by Blue River.

Thanks again to ALL of You !

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep bumping this untill the 25th,Hopefully more peeps will add coments!
catmando!

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last i checked sledeers only have to stay out of parks, and habitat closures, not tenures. I may be wrong but tenures are not exclusive.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Mike Weigele has been succesful already with having a Section 58 put on in The North Blue Area

Since I see that Dana Foster has been working with Him for many now ( Since 1983 )

Mike will simply have the Section 58 already in that area Extended to include Dana's " Wish " for Tenure.

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is section 58? we rode North Blue a few times last year and Weigle's choppers knew we were in there and no one said anything.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
What is section 58? we rode North Blue a few times last year and Weigle's choppers knew we were in there and no one said anything.
Section 58 means that the Area would be for Non-Motorised use only

Mike Weigele did not have it Signed last Year.....that there was a Section 58 in a Certain part of the North Blue Area.

The Section 58 Used to be called " CRA " Control Recreation Area " well that did NOT work for Mike because it would mean that Snowmobiles could still go there soooooo Mike Weigele had them changed to Section 58 wich means Non- Motorized Area.

Mike has ALOT of pull in Our Current Gov't .

But Gov't can NOT Ignore Numbers ! so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Send in Your Polite Comments to Gov't . They can't argue with Numbers so ALL Your Comments will Help Blue River " Thrive to Survive "

THANK A MILLION TO ALL WHO HAVE PUT IN THEIR 2 CENTS !!!

Top Bottom