blown engine help

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just towed in my 04 800 summit from kakwa.looks like hopefully a wrist pin bearing let go but could be crank goodies too.(theres a piece of somthing in the top of the piston)whats a good big bore kit out there,or does a guy just replace one cylinder and new piton kit?any thoughts would be nice...

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know about the big bore kit, but while you are in there you might as well replace what you can because you have it apart and it is easier to do now. My buddy had his come apart on him last winter and the further he pulled it apart the more that had broken so he scrapped it and bought a new Summit.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Them new summits still have a bug or 2 in some of the engines....:( I had a crank bearing pile up on my '08 XP this past friday up by the cabin in Renshaw...Chitty, very chitty as there are only 570 miles on the motor and it's stock other than a CPI can.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that the chits but i feel better,at least it blew still on the trail,easy tow home

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just towed in my 04 800 summit from kakwa.looks like hopefully a wrist pin bearing let go but could be crank goodies too.(theres a piece of somthing in the top of the piston)whats a good big bore kit out there,or does a guy just replace one cylinder and new piton kit?any thoughts would be nice...

i have the 04 800 ho too....replaced the engine last year. lots of miles....it was ready to blow.
The 827 kit from specialty sleds is really nice.
Give ken a call.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going to go big bore go 860... i have a few buddies with revs and have 860 kits on them... man oh man do they ever perform well... like i mean really really well... my two buddies have lots of cash sunk into suspension and attack angle and such but none the less... from what i've seen the 860 kit rocks on those doos!!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
if your going to go big bore go 860... i have a few buddies with revs and have 860 kits on them... man oh man do they ever perform well... like i mean really really well... my two buddies have lots of cash sunk into suspension and attack angle and such but none the less... from what i've seen the 860 kit rocks on those doos!!!

I thought you could only go to an 860 from an 800r engine? I think his is a 800 ho?

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get an 860 for the ho but some guys say it doesnt work as well as the 827 on the h o

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
The cylinders in the 860 big bore are thin. The 827 is the best big bore for the HO engine.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you cant put an 860 kit on the 03 04 05 06 engine...only on the 07 and newer 800r engine.....1st generation engines are two cylinders with not enough meat on them....07's and up are one casting enabling the bigger kit....so i believe....im up for correction but i dont think so because our group has 04 to 08's with every kind of kit in them---just my 2 cents

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are 860 kits out there for the ho but they say the 827 is better because like you guys said the cylinder walls are to thin and i dont recall the name of the kit. i run a 860 in my 07 and turbopru runs the 827 on his 06 and they both pull pretty good

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprised I'm the first to say this, but recycle the Ski Poo and make it into pop cans and buy a Cat!:):)

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
you cant put an 860 kit on the 03 04 05 06 engine...only on the 07 and newer 800r engine.....1st generation engines are two cylinders with not enough meat on them....07's and up are one casting enabling the bigger kit....so i believe....im up for correction but i dont think so because our group has 04 to 08's with every kind of kit in them---just my 2 cents

THAT IS INCORRECT!!!

If you want to continue to use the 800 HO jugs the largest BB kit that you can run is a 827... if you don't mind buying new jugs, you can get the "r" jugs to big bore... pretty expensive to buy new jugs and THEN send them away to get BB done to them... up to you and how big your bank account is!

Top Bottom