bigger tires

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 dealers told me about a year ago that they love when people put bigger tires because they are hard on part on the Atv so they make more business is this true

It depends how big you go, how heavy they are, and how agressive the tread is. If you get very large, heavy, and agressive tires you are likely to snap axles if you're not extremely careful. Also, the heavier and bigger you go, the more likely you are to prematurely wear out your clutch if you don't use low gear in the mud and hills.

What kind of machine do you have?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You play you pay.

That's all I have to say.

Sent from my iPhone 5

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is true...if you put aggresive big heavy tires on they wear out many things... your a-arm bushings wear out way quicker.. also hard on ball joints, mainly uppers, tie rod ends are not to bad to wear out quick but probably would last the longest.. big tires are hard on wheel bearings too..

basiclly harder on all front end parts.. spacing your tires out too with spacers puts way more stress on everything..

like they say.. if you want to play..you got to pay.. that is as true as its said...

if you want the bigger tires then you can't complain if your fixing it more often.. thats just the nature of the game..

hey 408, why don't you post up some pics of you riding where you live or vids...

Last edited:

islander408

Reaction score
I was think 28" outlaw radial or 28" outlaw mst and for picture and video i know guys that put some on YouTube and picture there always the club groups and what ride soon to be a canned ham

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
i have 28" zillas on a 750 brute. i carry tools, extra tie rod ends, two axles (broke two stock so replaced all 4 with gorrila and now carry the two i didnt break) lots of metric nuts bolts washers, haywire, duct tape, tow rope ect. so yes big tires are hard on equipment. Even my truck with a lift and big tires cost me a new front end at 125,000 km, everything just wore out.

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
I just want to add that i sure have alot of fun before things break and love riding by someone whos stuck in a hole and pulling them out, so i will continue to pay to play.

Top Bottom