Best way to drain coolant?

Skyhigh

Reaction score
:beer:What is the best way to drain the coolant on the old 900? Cleanest and best access. Also when refilling is there an airplug to remove?

Thanks.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I unhooked the 2 hoses in the rear cooler by the snowflap then lifted the front of the sled via a chain to the roof of the garage. Worked for me.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shoud be a drain line on the bottom of your engine. There are two configurations. What year is your 900? Either one has a white plug cap on it. Remove cap and coolant drains out.

Look for #40 and 39 in first pic. Look for #39 and 38 in second pic.

mountaincatab

Reaction score
Shoud be a drain line on the bottom of your engine. There are two configurations. What year is your 900? Either one has a white plug cap on it. Remove cap and coolant drains out.

What type of antifreeze do you use, the regular automotive stuff, or the premixed stuff from dealer?? Premixed seems like a rip, your paying for water. Also how long does it last before it needs replacing??

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use good old C-Tire stuff. Mis it at home with good quality water. Since I work on my sleds often (for FUN!) I tend to change the coolant once a year. Usually becasue I end up spilling the pan :d

Skyhigh

Reaction score

Nice parts blowout. Thanks:beer:

Top Bottom