Best place to take a 3 yr old camping in alberta

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have cancelled our trip to BC because of the fires there* and poor air quality because of said fires......anyone have suggestions with camping and amenities catered to kids we have a 3 yr old* and want* stuff for him to do.....old mc donald farm is all booked up..... anyone know* of kid friendly campgrounds that have a few things for the kid to do??

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
we have cancelled our trip to bc because of the fires there* and poor air quality because of said fires......anyone have suggestions with camping and amenities catered to kids we have a 3 yr old* and want* stuff for him to do.....old mc donald farm is all booked up..... Anyone know* of kid friendly campgrounds that have a few things for the kid to do??

isn't there a camp ground around calloway park in calgary?? Or at drumheller around the dinosaurs....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats x2 for rics statement kids love the dino's.

bigdaddy35

Reaction score
Here's a few places I've taken my kids and they've liked them and had fun with thinks for them to do.

- Dinosaur Trail RV resort (drumheller)
- Bow Valley campground
- David Thompson Resort
- Brewer's campground aspen beach
- Fallen Timber
- Dinosaur provincial park near brooks
- Writing on Stone

Use this link to search for campgrounds that I find useful:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We took the girls to Calaway Park at the begining of the summer. GONG SHOW!!! It was crazy busy, holy crap. It's a full hookup campground, but the stalls are small, I could barely squeeze my trailer in. No trees, no fires, no privacy.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We took the girls to Calaway Park at the begining of the summer. GONG SHOW!!! It was crazy busy, holy crap. It's a full hookup campground, but the stalls are small, I could barely squeeze my trailer in. No trees, no fires, no privacy.

Yes.... but we've seen your trailer......:eek:

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just back from Drum for the long weekend with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Had an absolute blast and the 3 year old loved it. Needed a couple of more days to see everything.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a few places I've taken my kids and they've liked them and had fun with thinks for them to do.

- Dinosaur Trail RV resort (drumheller)
- Bow Valley campground
- David Thompson Resort
- Brewer's campground aspen beach
- Fallen Timber
- Dinosaur provincial park near brooks
- Writing on Stone

Use this link to search for campgrounds that I find useful:
Thanks for the replys guys....... either dino DT or the old mac for us.... we'll see what comes of the bookings.....on short notice.......we just wanna have a little relax with a few things for the kid to do and a little fire for wifey and me and the captn.....thanks again for all the imput...... hope anyone travelling to BC has a good trip......minus the campfire.......( campfire when camping is a must.)

bigdaddy35

Reaction score
Just back from Drum for the long weekend with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Had an absolute blast and the 3 year old loved it. Needed a couple of more days to see everything.

Where were you staying? I was at Dinosaur Trail...

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dinosaur trail. black ford f150 supercrew, 27ft Chateau travel trailer, 2 kids and a very large yellow labrador retriever. We also had a bouncy house going for the kids on Saturday night.

Top Bottom