Best Mod,s for a 660 Grizzly

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just recently purchased a '03 660 griz, and wondering what are the best mods for more power. It has 28" mudzillas, clutch kit, and a K&N air filter. Do they make a chip or cdi box for this year?

rob350

Reaction score
you can get a CDI box. Pipe it. If your looking for low end power, do a mud buster cam.

More power, the more likly you wil break the little grizzly axles. Beware.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, What type of pipe and cdi box would you recommend? I don't want it too loud.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best mods done to mine were the pipe (HMF Penland), Mudbuster cam/Wiseco piston combo, clutch kit (EPI mudder) and snorkles. Not much of a difference with cdi box (removes limiters wich is nice but doable for much cheaper). I also have a stroker crank in mine but now have to run race fuel blend cause of added compression.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, What type of pipe and cdi box would you recommend? I don't want it too loud.

Dragon, have you done the mods to yer Grizz yet ?? I have also have an 03 Grizz & here's what I have & would highly recommend.

The Pro Design K&N air fliter kit
EHS air box lid
Leo Vince X3 pipe (I really like this & it's not loud at all)
I put a machined sheave for a 660 Rhino in from Fix Power Sports Hunterworks.com Greaseless clutch kit (also for a Rhino)
Hauck Power Sports CDI (gives you about 1000 more RPM they say)

And I just installed a 686 Big Bore Kit with a Raptor cam along with some mild porting & polishing ... I really like this set up.

Attachments

• Leo Vince X3 Pipe.jpg
    Leo Vince X3 Pipe.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Old and New2.jpg
    Old and New2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Intake_Looking_FWD_-_After_the_Grinder.jpg
    Intake_Looking_FWD_-_After_the_Grinder.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Intake_Ports_-_After.jpg
    Intake_Ports_-_After.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Exhaust_Ports-After.jpg
    Exhaust_Ports-After.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 93

Coop45

Reaction score
Website
coop45.webs.com
With Large tires My Mod#3 will be the best bang for your buck! this lowers the take off ratio by 6-7%, so now you will be starting off in 1st gear, instaed of 3rd because of the taller tires.
This mod will not hurt your top speed like my Mod#1 shim mod did.
If you are interested, check out my web site.
Thanks
Coop45

Coop45

Reaction score
Website
coop45.webs.com
Dragon, have you done the mods to yer Grizz yet ?? I have also have an 03 Grizz & here's what I have & would highly recommend.

The Pro Design K&N air fliter kit
EHS air box lid
Leo Vince X3 pipe (I really like this & it's not loud at all)
I put a machined sheave for a 660 Rhino in from Fix Power Sports Hunterworks.com Greaseless clutch kit (also for a Rhino)
Hauck Power Sports CDI (gives you about 1000 more RPM they say)

And I just installed a 686 Big Bore Kit with a Raptor cam along with some mild porting & polishing ... I really like this set up.

What kind of fuel do you have to run through that beast!
Coop45

grizwaldo

Reaction score
Gunny-

My God man- by the looks of the pics, you should be able to push the shuttle to the moon and back. You do all of this yourself? I'd have that thing put together and never run again. LOL.... LMAO..... LMFAO...... when I get mine running again- me no touch! Did I say that? :eek:

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of fuel do you have to run through that beast!
Coop45

Liv'in at 4300 ft & do'in most my rid'in at about 6500 ft to 11,000 ft, right now I'm runn'in Permium gas, 91 octane ... and once in a while I throw some octane boost in for S&G's !

Gunny-

My God man- by the looks of the pics, you should be able to push the shuttle to the moon and back. You do all of this yourself? I'd have that thing put together and never run again. LOL.... LMAO..... LMFAO...... when I get mine running again- me no touch! Did I say that? :eek:

Why ... Thank You, Thank You very much ... yeah, I did all the work my lonesome ... :d

Oh, what's the fun in putt'in all those purty parts in & then not rid'in it ... ya gotta see if ya put it back together right or not ... Savvy ?? :eek:

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Guys. Did you change your axles out to compensate for the extra power Gunny?

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Guys. Did you change your axles out to compensate for the extra power Gunny?

Nope .... but I don't have any muskeg or bogs to run thru either. I do run tracks in the winter and I've never had an axle problem .... Knock On Wood !! :common001:

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Coop 45 still making clutch kits? If not, what would you guys recommend?

Nope ... he got out of the business. I'm not sure or if anyone took it over.

I hear EXCELLENT thngs about this company however. They don't list Grizzlies, but I hear they do work on the clutches.

/// Airdam - Home

Top Bottom