Best GM dealer prices

F5_Z06

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new duramax. Does anyone have any suggestions on a no bull**** dealer that will give me the best deal? Looking within an hour or two of edmonton.

thanks

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try competition in stony, when I was looking, they seemed to be a little more honest and strait up than others.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adam's Chevrolet
"5402 - 56 Street
Wetaskiwin‎ T9A 2B3
Canada"
Rob Hartnell . No bull chit kind of guy

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had really good luck with northgate Chev in Edmonton. The company I worked for (Mammoet) got special pricing there and it was even cheaper then employe pricing. I did a factory order , got the colour and options I wanted no compromise.
I seen on there data base that 1000s of company's got discounts there.

Also so heard good things about competition gm

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Northgate was good..... but on essentially the exact same truck Westgate made Northgate's offer look pathetic. Northgate was a lot better though as they gave all in prices actually including all incentives without any prodding which was nice. They just couldn't touch the price Westgate was willing to give me on my trade. I bought my F150 as a new leftover in 2013 for 32000 out the door(sticker was 47500) and after 15 months of it making money and 65000 km later Westgate gave me 30000 for it lol.

I would not get 30000 for the truck privately... 26 or 27 max... and even if I sold it first and just bought no trade my Westgate trade deal worked out cheaper. They won't get 30000 for that truck either but the loss from the trade is just another incentive I guess lol.

Now with that said if you have nothing to get rid of and are just purchasing straight cash Northgate will likely beat anyone else beyond possibly Westlock GM.... John Stewart at Westlock is about as no bs as salesmen come.

Don't even bother with Sherwood Park Chev.... the idiots got mad at me when I called them on trying to gyp people on incentives... plus harass you forever.

I just picked up a new Silverado yesterday and spent the last 2 weeks shopping so there aren't many dealers I didn't contact.

If you don't care about looks Lacombe has some super cheap trucks. ... brand new but full of dents that are beyond pdr due to like baseball size hail lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Northgate was good..... but on essentially the exact same truck Westgate made Northgate's offer look pathetic. Northgate was a lot better though as they gave all in prices actually including all incentives without any prodding which was nice. They just couldn't touch the price Westgate was willing to give me on my trade. I bought my F150 as a new leftover in 2013 for 32000 out the door(sticker was 47500) and after 15 months of it making money and 65000 km later Westgate gave me 30000 for it lol.

I would not get 30000 for the truck privately... 26 or 27 max... and even if I sold it first and just bought no trade my Westgate trade deal worked out cheaper. They won't get 30000 for that truck either but the loss from the trade is just another incentive I guess lol.

Now with that said if you have nothing to get rid of and are just purchasing straight cash Northgate will likely beat anyone else beyond possibly Westlock GM.... John Stewart at Westlock is about as no bs as salesmen come.

Don't even bother with Sherwood Park Chev.... the idiots got mad at me when I called them on trying to gyp people on incentives... plus harass you forever.

I just picked up a new Silverado yesterday and spent the last 2 weeks shopping so there aren't many dealers I didn't contact.

If you don't care about looks Lacombe has some super cheap trucks. ... brand new but full of dents that are beyond pdr due to like baseball size hail lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

What did you end up buying?

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking at a loaded truck try asking for about 16k off. you may have good luck talking with the manager/owner rather than a salesman so that way the manager doesn't need to pay the sales guys commission.

And the end of each month is the best time to buy, dealerships get extra incentives for the more vehicles they sell, so at the end of each month they start looking at the number of vehicles they sold.

Last edited:

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Between 15-18% off the msrp is doing real good.....very doable for stealerships

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If there are any sizable incentives out at the time 25% or you aren't trying. 15% is the kind of dollars you can taken off if no rebates apply.

Sent from my potato

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Why can't these dealers just lower the asking price by 15-18%. Quit the phuckin around.

Why must buying a vehicle be such an unpleasant experience?
Because then you think you are getting a good deal lol. And honestly there are a lot of idiots that just pay whatever the dealership shoots them for an offer with no question. Besides.... most people only care what their monthly payment is and not the length of the term, interest rate or total cost either. Ask any car salesman and they will tell you that guys that play hardball really aren't all that common. Dealers hate me... I pay cash and am cheap as dirt... I squeeze them for all I can get and play them against each other. I take the unpleasantry and make it a game. That is unless I find someone human to deal with... which doesn't happen a lot buying new vehicles. I am buying pretty well annually one truck or another so I'm used to it. I almost never buy the same brand twice either so this whole loyalty thing to me doesn't apply.

Sent from my potato

Last edited:

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention to make sure you have them email you a copy of the contract to look over. They will not want to do this but insist on it so you can see the hidden fees and things they try to sneak in on you, there will be lots.

We bought a Yukon Denali a while back. It was painful trying to find a decent price. We got a deal all worked out and asked for the contract, received it and caught them, called them out and they got mad and said they wouldn't deal with us anymore. Best part was we bought the vehicle local and had it shipped out of the ripoff dealers yard. They found out it was us and tried to stop it but it was too late. lmfao!

We didn't nag dealerships, just called around and told them what we were going to pay for the vehicle. If they wanted to sell one for that price we were ready to buy. Most dealers at the time had the Alberta eff u attitude "this is the price take it or leave it" but we eventually found one that wanted our money. Surprisingly enough right here in GP was the best deal.

Top Bottom