best climbing skids for AC M8

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who makes the best skid for the ac m800's to reduce trenching and improve climbing? or does the skid not do much for the trenching aspect... more the drop and roll idea?

manufacturers and approx prices would be appreciated.

Ryan

Flying Pig

Reaction score
kinda depends on what you have for hp. Big hp=m10 or m10 w2. Think the w2 starts around $2400. IMHO best ride of all. Keeps the skis super low, perfect hook up. But you'll need 200hp to get it to work.
EZ ride looks to work awesome for 150+hp, rides very very well too.
Never did like any of the coil overs for anything other than boondocking. They don't ride as good as the m-10 or easy. Also they don't control skilift nearly as good.
Also I haven't really been around the timbersled skids much but I hear really good things.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M-10's are the best no dought but by the time you buy a mount kit and the extra time it takes to install one they are very expensive, well over 3 g's. Baker has a kit that really controls ski lift and rides awesome. In my opinion it's virtually as good as an M-10 and alot cheaper. I've sold a couple this year and the customers are amazed at how well it works. Let me know if you would like more info, Dan

Top Bottom