Belt warranty no questions asked?

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just surfing Kijiji and saw Coopers in Edmonton advertising Gates drive belts warrantied for 1 year no questions asked for $170 (starting price).....I don't own a belt burner but if I did this might be of interest if the belts don't hurt clutch sheaves or there's a catch somewhere?

Snow in forecast....safe riding all.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the gates belt on a pro? Just wondering how they last, one year warranty sounds pretty good!

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you eat belts on your pro? I have only ever burnt up one belt on my boosted pro and that was from just being retarded and working the bag off the thing with big boost in the mashed potato spring stuff with no vents..... otherwise I see no real reason to need the warranty.

Has anyone tried the gates belt on a pro? Just wondering how they last, one year warranty sounds pretty good!

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you eat belts on your pro? I have only ever burnt up one belt on my boosted pro and that was from just being retarded and working the bag off the thing with big boost in the mashed potato spring stuff with no vents..... otherwise I see no real reason to need the warranty.

I don’t, but I’ve never use an aftermarket belt either. I’m just wondering if they’re as “good” as stock.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I run one on my Polaris Sportsman 850xp and my Summit 800 and haven't had any issues.

I was going to buy one as my primary for my new 850 SKS when it comes in.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run one on my Polaris Sportsman 850xp and my Summit 800 and haven't had any issues.

I was going to buy one as my primary for my new 850 SKS when it comes in.

I’ll have to pick one up for a spare this year then! Thanks for the heads up.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That gates belt was great on my t3 ... worked perfect! Didn't need the warranty.