Belt eating Pro Rmk!

rydemx

Reaction score
I have 640 miles on my 12' Pro Rmk 800. I'm currently on my third belt!First belt was Polaris 115 and blew cords at 250 miles. Next belt was a Dayco xtx 5020 , it actually pulls 200 rpm higher then the 115 belt and track speed and everything else is the same. It blew cords at 600 miles (350) on the belt . My panels are vented , I blow my clutches out ever two rides and clean the sheaves with fine scotch Brite pad. At 300 miles I changed my gearing to 19/42 with a little bit cooler clutch temps but I lost track speed and was not happy with that. So I put stock gearing back in at 600 miles.I break in all my new belts and wash in hot soapy water . 50/50 mountain riding and trails to get there. The only thing I can see that's not right is my belt to sheave clearance on primary is excessive .050 plus . The sled is on warranty but lots of my buddies have pros haven't had the issues that I've had . Start with removal of shims on primary to get side clearance correct? Any help would be great .I ride mostly between 5000-7500 feet and I'm pulling consistent 8100 with 115 belt and 8300 with dayco

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start by looking for a broken motor mount then alignment, these sleds do not eat belts even without vented panels. I towed a m8 down @ 50mph average and could put my hands on the clutches when we got down. Are you maxing out on gearing on the trail because I know if you top out and continue to hold it you will pull the cords out for sure. Something is wrong for sure it's not normal.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my pro is totally stock and i blew a dayco xtx at 150 miles and the belt was broken in properly for sure.

rydemx

Reaction score
Ok just checked over a few things again and my motor mounts in front of primary clutch and behind it are absolutely NFG!! The bolts arnt broke or loose just moves a lot . At only 640 miles , not to impressed. Goes in tomorrow for warranty.

wildman

Reaction score
Just had the mounts replaced on my 11 rmk. was told the 12's had an updated mount. mine wern't broken neither, rubber bushings were just wore out. 1200 miles,motor mounts shot, not impressed neither.

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
Got a 2012 163 with less then 500 miles on my third belt, cords came out of both belts???:realmad: Took it in for warranty and they said clutches are perfect. WTF is up with these ridiculously expensive belts, they are garbage first one went at 250??? and yes I broke it in haha.

P.s dont forget to buy a six pack of belts when you pick up your new pro!!! lol jk On a more serious note love riding the pro absolutly unreal sled!!!! ;)

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 500 miles on my pro and still have the original belt on which looks brand new. Usually when cords start pulling out that is an indication that the belt was not broke in properly.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
over 1000 miles on the original belt already and still going and looks good. might change it out just because its got 1000 miles on it sometime soon though. Maybe kicking snow onto your belt causing slip? im always carefull about kicking snow off the boards because its so easy to kick it at the clutch.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a post on SW that there are cases of one of the bolts that hold the motor plate in- not a motor mount- backing out. In the video that was posted a pry bar was put under the recoil and the engine would move vertical lots but front to back movement was normal. Something to check maybe???

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes my engine strap that bolted to the case had a broken bolt. Everything was screwed, all the rubber mounts and the two right hand engine mounts, they had grooves in them. This sled has 1180 mile, and I sure this was broken a long time ago. This was all fixed under warranty since I found the bolt broken in the case. The reason how I found out something was wrong was because when I change the belt, the inside of the belt , the flat part it was wore out at an angle.If your blowing out cords then something is out to lunch. Bring it to your dealer. Something's screwed.

Top Bottom