Belt deflection on '11 Etec

Paruvka

Reaction score
So, I'm still learning lots about the sled and scouring the forums for tech tips etc and arrived at this topic. I found GSR/Sledshots excellent tech tip video on adjusting the deflection and was wondering if this is the same method as some people call the "creep" method. Thoughts? I'd like to get the belt as closely aligned as I can without getting the floating QRS just yet to prolong the belt life. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Here is GSRs vid and a huge thank you for all the tech tips on Sledshot.com. Ski Doo 2011 E tech Belt Change and Deflection Tip - YouTube

A shoutout to Sledshot: For a new snowmobiler like myself, those tips shed light on almost every topic that I had questions about but couldn't find on forums. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without looking at their vid again, I think i did a long time ago, what they say to do is correct.

You want to make use of the widest part of the belt, without having the sled creep forward during idle. With the sled raised you should be able to turn the track around by hand when its running with minimal assistance. Oh and don't stick your hand/arm in any moving parts. I know, shouldn't need to say that right?

Paruvka

Reaction score
Ok, thanks takethebounce. Makes sense. Adjusted the belt etc but also thought deflection meant alignment but it doesn't. Thats what the clutch alignment tool is for. :)
I'm finding sled mechanics quite different from other forms of motorsports that I work on.

Cheers,
P

Top Bottom