bdx black boxx intake questions

vans

Reaction score
I own an 2011 m8 with the intake kit already installed. I have talk to black diamond and they say that i do not need a fuel controller on my sled as long as i have no other mods done to the engine. Just wondering if anyone with a h.o sled can conferm this so i don't have to worry that i am going to blow my engine cause i have had 2 artic cat dealers tell me that i need it but i think that it may be a sale pitch.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got one on my 2010 with a jaws can, and run it without the cover. No issues all season and i dont run a controller

vans

Reaction score
Ive got one on my 2010 with a jaws can, and run it without the cover. No issues all season and i dont run a controller
Thanks for the info i sure hope i have the same luck as you cause i would really rather spend my hard earned money on something else besides a fuel controller.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine was plugg up all the time in deep powder and after i removed it and looked in the intake i was also getting snow into my motor ,i would not recommend one

mustard73

Reaction score
I'm running the BDX intake on my 2007 m8 with a can and y-pipe without a controller. Might be different for the HO engine though...

I will say this, tape the plastic top piece to the belly pan with gorilla tape to help keep the snow out. On powder days you get snow coming in under the hoop and it will ice off the intake if you don't.

Top Bottom