battle of alberta

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually pay back is 2 points...

neither team played well...if I was a Sutter I would still be very concerned for my career...

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
game didn't go to overtime so it was a 2 point game. You're right though neither team played great, the oiler goals were very lame and calgary didn't play well at all till the third period. Season is very early, they might start rolling or maybe they'll struggle, we'll see.

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's face it. The Flames are horrible this year. Edmonton will be fun to watch for the most part. I'm a Flames fan but to be honest...I'd rather watch the Islanders this year.

The Flames are the new Oilers!

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's face it. The Flames are horrible this year. Edmonton will be fun to watch for the most part. I'm a Flames fan but to be honest...I'd rather watch the Islanders this year.

Someone wishes rolly the golie was still here!

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Edmonton???

Is DiPietro hurt yet? Has anyone noticed the Islanders are first in the East?
No, but roly made a good backup the other nite.......it is to early to tell weather the leafs or the isle will do anything with the rest of the season..........I hear that the depiethroat worked on his glove and down low all summer.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few players in Edm that need to go....

Penner (unmotivated, doesn't skate), Cogliano (can't win a faceoff, all speed, no hands) and find a true 1st pairing of D's

Keep Eberle with Horcoff, put Hemsky back on that line...
2nd line, (whoever replaces Penner), Gagner , Hall
3rd line, Paajarvi, Fraser, (whoever replaces Cogliano)
4th, Bring up the Prospects - Reddox, VanVelde, and your pick of enforcer (Big Mac or Stortini)

Get rid of Brule, Jones and Jacques...They have no future in Edmonton.
Also when there is a true 1st pairing of D's good bye Vandermeer and Strudwick (I like Strudwick, but its time to retire)

Hall once through 30-40 games will settle down, over the next year will gain some weight and be able to put up 50 points or so next year.

Also, if there was any time looking for a playoff goaltender, send The Bulin out as fast as you can, bring back Gerber for the remaining of the season and make a final decision on the other two if it hasn't been decided by Xmas.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary got lucky with the sharks. Lucky the sharks decided not to skate at all! No other team will give you that much time and space to move the puck around on a powerplay.
I like games where just about everyone (except maybe the oiler defense) is playing hard. It could have gone either way.
Eberle looks good and I can't believe they put Penner in the shoot-out. They must have thought Kipper sucks so bad in shoot-outs it won't really matter.
Oh well... 2 points for us.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You sound like an Oilers fan, 8 games in and the season is over.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Them sound like hard times....lol:d

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most certainly, and between them they will have more Cups to share than anyone else!

Top Bottom