Banshee--throttle stutter help!!

Skrilla

Reaction score
Took the Banshee out for a ride last nite, and it has a bad stutter at low - mid revs, especially under full throttle. Almost like a car with bad plugs, It ran fine the other day, just tonight it started acting up.

Any ideas?? :confused:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Fuel - Fuel Filter - Carbs gummed up - Fuel line with a small kink?
Do you have a built in tank or a portable, portables fail at the male/femail connection.

Start with the simplest first, new fuel and check the filter.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Sledbunny and Murinator said....."KISS" Keep it simple ________

Check the Air filter, plugs (it's 2-stock they luv to kill plugs) fuel and fuel lines, then maybe wiring (look for damaged wires or loose plug connections).

And yes it may seem to have full pwer at the high end but stuttter under load and it could still be as simple as air or fuel.

good luck...let us know what you find.....

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A stutter is a decent description, however a little better description of the stutter would help greatly. A stutter across both cylinders indicates a problem with the air supply or primary fuel system. A miss on a single cylinder indicates a problem in a carb or ignition system on the missing cylinder.

It is a 2 stroke, so starting with a pair of new spark plugs is a good idea. They are cheap and usually the problem. New plugs also allow you to read them on a chop test.

A heat gun can be used to determine which cylinder is missing if it is a single cylinder problem. Check exhaust header temperature for each cylinder, the cooler one is the problem one.

Skrilla

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Ya i know it was kind of a poor description:d I will look into that.

Thanks Again

A stutter is a decent description, however a little better description of the stutter would help greatly. A stutter across both cylinders indicates a problem with the air supply or primary fuel system. A miss on a single cylinder indicates a problem in a carb or ignition system on the missing cylinder.

It is a 2 stroke, so starting with a pair of new spark plugs is a good idea. They are cheap and usually the problem. New plugs also allow you to read them on a chop test.

A heat gun can be used to determine which cylinder is missing if it is a single cylinder problem. Check exhaust header temperature for each cylinder, the cooler one is the problem one.

Jimbow007

Reaction score
I'm not sure but this sounds like a problem I had with my Banshee. Mine ended up being the park brake wasn't releasing all the way. I had the park brake completely removed (by the dealer) and had a aluminum plate (aftermarket $20 part) put on the brake assembly. I've haven't had a problem since.

Cheers.

Top Bottom