Bankruptcy questions

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its impressive on paper, 450hp and 510ft/lbs of torque out of a 3.5L V6. But the problem with these motors is the torque band is very narrow, yes it pulls but you need to have your foot in it to get the rev's up.
Hard to plainly beat displacement, much broader torque band available, will pull at much lower rpms. I'm also a firm believer in displacement, but then a truck used more as a commuter with that engine would haul booty.

Have had both the 6.2 and eco and the eco has way better torgue at lower rpms then the 6.2 in this case .
It’s not even close really .
I do like the 6.2 thou as a really good motor and easy on fuel empty .
Now big block is completely different.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had both the 6.2 and eco and the eco has way better torgue at lower rpms then the 6.2 in this case .
It’s not even close really .
I do like the 6.2 thou as a really good motor and easy on fuel empty .
Now big block is completely different.

One of my service truck has a 6.2 in it, its not impressive. Maybe its just this one but a lemon in the power department from the get go. It just seems you need your foot in it all the time and it constantly shifting up and down. I won't have another one.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my service truck has a 6.2 in it, its not impressive. Maybe its just this one but a lemon in the power department from the get go. It just seems you need your foot in it all the time and it constantly shifting up and down. I won't have another one.

Lol
That’s why I said empty .
Like you said ? All these small displacement motors need RPM if no wind being pushed .

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a pretty windy 2012 eco boost - 35lbs of boost chipped - cat back 4" - afe twin cone cold air - the thing honestly almost cat walked - weakest link was the rear seal on the motor - had seal replaced at dealer at 90 thou - blew it out again the next day - traded it in - I wonder if they made that rear seal tougher on the newer ones

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa easy - starting talking about vehicles and boost and what not and I just got all excited - let's change it back now to financial crisis - any advice for selling a toy hauler - paid like 54 grand for it new - sell it an auction? Put a reserve on it? Or list it on Kijiji? Is anyone buying these now? I have some repairs to do on it 1st - gonna be tricky due to the covid - I need a new kitchen table top built and a few other things

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa easy - starting talking about vehicles and boost and what not and I just got all excited - let's change it back now to financial crisis - any advice for selling a toy hauler - paid like 54 grand for it new - sell it an auction? Put a reserve on it? Or list it on Kijiji? Is anyone buying these now? I have some repairs to do on it 1st - gonna be tricky due to the covid - I need a new kitchen table top built and a few other things

I would get it listed on Kijiji, you never know. You could sell it just depends for how much. If that doesn't work i'd consider talking to finance company about giving it back and how that would go. Is it just the toy hauler and truck that's the problem? If so it would probably be quicker and less damaging to let them do voluntary repos, and try to negotiate payments to pay off the shortfall and not hitting your credit. I've heard in some cases they will write off some shortfall and not even hit credit at all. But being proactive and talking to them before you're a bunch of payments behind and they are looking to take them helps a lot.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its impressive on paper, 450hp and 510ft/lbs of torque out of a 3.5L V6. But the problem with these motors is the torque band is very narrow, yes it pulls but you need to have your foot in it to get the rev's up.
Hard to plainly beat displacement, much broader torque band available, will pull at much lower rpms. I'm also a firm believer in displacement, but then a truck used more as a commuter with that engine would haul booty.

I think u are confused the eco makes peak torque around 2500 rpm and even when towing huge loads it will stay around 2k even pulling hills. No half ton gas job compares to an eco boost for pulling all the v8s want scream up the hills especially the chevs. Every time I drive a NA engine it reminds why the turbo is better. I can’t stand having an engine screaming along when I have a trailer hooked up so for me it’s eco boost or diesel and I can’t justify it with cost of diesel.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think u are confused the eco makes peak torque around 2500 rpm and even when towing huge loads it will stay around 2k even pulling hills. No half ton gas job compares to an eco boost for pulling all the v8s want scream up the hills especially the chevs. Every time I drive a NA engine it reminds why the turbo is better. I can’t stand having an engine screaming along when I have a trailer hooked up so for me it’s eco boost or diesel and I can’t justify it with cost of diesel.
The Eco hauls great for a half ton, but it's no HD diesel, that's for sure. Good conditions, or smaller load and it will do just fine. Poor conditions, or big load, I'll take the diesel please.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The eco boost modded got 30+L/100km towing - it towed it no problem - but drink the fuel worse than my kingcat - yup very bored lately - boosted sometimes sucks tho - when it's good it's amazing and when it's bad it's terrible - only terrible to be around mouthy people when it goes down - my last trip on the 174 b4 the covid hit - my coolant bottle failed and the cap - just from being old and abused - finally let go - probably not from boost - but try being with your older brother when it let's go and have to hear his bullsh*t about how I shoulda never boosted it - diesel or gas jobby or a 2stroker turbo'd is awesome - but ya once this lockdown is over I'm gonna go talk to an advisor at the bank weigh the options - picked up alot of dog sh*t today - I can only stand in my window and scratch my nuts for so long ffs

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You are probably confused and must be referring to a 6.2 Ford 3/4 ton? Seeing as you said service truck.

Guys are talking about a 6.2l GM/Chev half ton motor, they aren’t in HD trucks

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Eco hauls great for a half ton, but it's no HD diesel, that's for sure. Good conditions, or smaller load and it will do just fine. Poor conditions, or big load, I'll take the diesel please.

absolutely there is no replacement for HD diesel. compared with a NA half ton none of them tow like an eco boost. I towed a 34 ft bunker pull for a couple years and no issue with power but the wind will get ya lol. Towing my wakeboard boat it the perfect option doesn’t shift unless it hits a pretty decent grade.

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
absolutely there is no replacement for HD diesel. compared with a NA half ton none of them tow like an eco boost. I towed a 34 ft bunker pull for a couple years and no issue with power but the wind will get ya lol. Towing my wakeboard boat it the perfect option doesn’t shift unless it hits a pretty decent grade.
I have a fleet of EcoBoost trucks, so I get the power aspect. They will pull no problem, and that ten speed makes em smooth. But the weight and suspension means they get blown around, like you said. They also get pushed around with a heavy load. Great trucks for what we use them for though. Commercial canopy on the back, and a light trailer occasionally. Great fuel economy, and decent ride. We have bigger trucks for the big stuff.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotta follow the farmers thread! Old man was a farmer but left Saskatchewan many years ago, still some sort of weird draw to their news.

Top Bottom