Bachelor party - Atv in mountains

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a bachelor party coming up and I was wondering what is out there for quad rentals and trips in the mountains. I've been up tons sledding but never in the summer.

i was thinking of staying at the summit river lodge or Something similar. We would probably need some Atv rentals as everyone doesn't own their own.

Im looking for a spot in valemount where we could ride up to the alpine and get views from the mountain tops and make a day trip out of it. Is this possible and what are my options? I'm thinking a guide might be necessary?

Suggestions please?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a bachelor party coming up and I was wondering what is out there for quad rentals and trips in the mountains. I've been up tons sledding but never in the summer.

i was thinking of staying at the summit river lodge or Something similar. We would probably need some Atv rentals as everyone doesn't own their own.

Im looking for a spot in valemount where we could ride up to the alpine and get views from the mountain tops and make a day trip out of it. Is this possible and what are my options? I'm thinking a guide might be necessary?

Suggestions please?
Contact VARDA for trail information, and I believe Alpine Country Rentals has ATV rentals

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summit river lodge might be able to arrange the whole thing for you... Give them a shout :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And see if they will line up the dancing girls for you also 😅

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could see that being an expensive quad trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a good idea? Anyone else do something like this?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highly dependant on the group.
Bachelor parties are a whole other level of drinking usually, doubt if you even end up quading.

But that's just my group.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highly dependant on the group.
Bachelor parties are a whole other level of drinking usually, doubt if you even end up quading.

But that's just my group.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I been on a sledding bachelor party and never even unloaded the sleds in the 4 day trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike many #'s might even do a side show on the slippery pole ;) .... lmao
Don't know about that Ric, Mikey is fairly shy he may not work the pole for strangers 😀

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

skidoo6100

Reaction score
I went quadding in vale this past summer with my sledding group and it was good but not great...

Your basically riding logging roads everywhere, i'm glad we went and the lady at the tourist office was amazing for info on where to go, but its not going to be a yearly trip. We rented RZRs from Elk island.

Go houseboating...I planned that for my brother in laws bach party, it was wicked!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did one for a buddy two summers ago in Valemount. We camped at the Dave Henry site on Kinbasket. It's a gorgeous spot with fantastic glacier views on the backside of Clemina and it's quiet so you don't have to worry about disturbing others with excessive partying. We golfed a round in town and went rafting on the Fraser. Was an awesome weekend with much Three Ranges consumed. We had debated bringing quads and SxS to ride the west canoe road but no way would we have stayed sober enough to go for a ride.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if a mountain sled trip would be better suited. Lots of guys don't have experience though.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just threw a bachelor party this summer and was thinking about something like this but decided to go another route here are a few things I would consider

A wedding takes a lot of time/weekends for the parties already how much more can you ask of these guys (im sure some of them have family's)
Vacation time can everyone get it off?
Bachelor parties include heavy booze usually.....Do you really want to mix HP and booze in the mtns?
$$$$$$$$$$.....lets face it a lot of guys are hurting?
If some guys arnt experienced it wont be fun for them it will be stressful and hard work. (sledding or even stucks or hills on atv's)

I would personally opt for a simpler local plan its a bachelor party not vacation trip

For the party I threw we got a party bus ALL day no one drives drunk
Hit up speeders, paint ball, cool tequila bar and restaurant (el cortez), then rippers

for all this and booze ALL day it was about 400 a guy all in and was a BLAST we went sat and recouped sun and everyone was back at work on mon (there were 12 of us).

If you and a few guys wana a do a trip go for it but I wouldn't do it for a bachelor party just keep it simple and accessible for everyone

Last edited:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I planed one this summer, we found a nice spot in the middle of nowhere deep in the woods and everyone that had a holiday trailer drug it out so we had lots of room for people to sleep, brought a truck load of firewood, a keg and a ton of hard liquor and we partied hard. No one was ever in any kind of shape to ride anything and no one had to drive. plus being out in the woods we didn't have to worry about noise.

We had such a good time there's talk of doing every year as guys only drunk fest.

Top Bottom