Axys kill switch

XanderKane

Reaction score
2017 axys 174

I just discovered that one of the kill switch wire broke inside the kill switch. The sled starts with the kill switch being disconnected. Will the sled have issues if it’s ran without a kill switch the remainder of our trip? I have a tether and ignition key to turn it off. I know it’s not ideal but can’t find a switch ATM. Anyone run with out one?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have a tether or ignition key don't worry a tether is better than a kill switch they all do the same thing a broken wire is better than 2 frayed wires that if they touched the sled would not start

XanderKane

Reaction score
if you have a tether or ignition key don't worry a tether is better than a kill switch they all do the same thing a broken wire is better than 2 frayed wires that if they touched the sled would not start

funny thing...the wire must have touched the other on our way out and killed the sled. Took a while to figure out what caused the issue.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine, kill switch is really for emergency on sled, tether operator falls off. People should be using the key because it shuts off fuel and spark, the others only shut off spark and continues to fuel

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine, kill switch is really for emergency on sled, tether operator falls off. People should be using the key because it shuts off fuel and spark, the others only shut off spark and continues to fuel

Not sure how you figure that theory...

Teather, kill switch, and key are all normally open switches to ground and all parallel to the same connection points and labeled as Hard stop.

The only thing connected differently is the throttle safety switch that is connected from the cdi to ground as a soft stop.
dd54f2afb3d2bdb7de261fdd4ea9f637.jpg

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I didn’t know that!

I have a new kill switch for you if you need. $ 100.00. I ordered a tether and mistakenly was sent the kill switch from Cycleworks. Let me know if your interested, as I was going to return it this week.
I am out of Sylvan Lake.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how you figure that theory...

Teather, kill switch, and key are all normally open switches to ground and all parallel to the same connection points and labeled as Hard stop.

The only thing connected differently is the throttle safety switch that is connected from the cdi to ground as a soft stop. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210105/dd54f2afb3d2bdb7de261fdd4ea9f637.jpg

I can't read that, but on a 2019 the fuel injector drivers are turned off with the key switch, as you mentioned tether and kill switches are hard stops and only ground signal stop

XanderKane

Reaction score
I have a new kill switch for you if you need. $ 100.00. I ordered a tether and mistakenly was sent the kill switch from Cycleworks. Let me know if your interested, as I was going to return it this week.
I am out of Sylvan Lake.

thanks for the offer but I decided to go with a Munster switch.

Top Bottom